Opinions on Philosophy Hope in a Jar for Dry, Sensitive Skin?

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
I'm thinking about switching to another moisturizer and Philosophy skincare captured my interest.

How does it work for you and is it true that the Philosophy moisturizers kind of smell chemical? No store near me to try this out, so I have to order it online.

Thanks so much in advance for helping me out :flowers:

My skin had such a bad reaction to it that I had to take an anti-histamine :shocked:

I have VERY sensitive skin, so this just happens to me sometimes... My skin gets really red and puffy, I feel like my face is burning off of my skull, my eyes start to swell shut. I haven't figured out which ingredient causes it, but I had the same reaction to Clinique Turnaround Cream. So I personally can't recommend it :s...

My skin had such a bad reaction to it that I had to take an anti-histamine :shocked:

I have VERY sensitive skin, so this just happens to me sometimes... My skin gets really red and puffy, I feel like my face is burning off of my skull, my eyes start to swell shut. I haven't figured out which ingredient causes it, but I had the same reaction to Clinique Turnaround Cream. So I personally can't recommend it :s...

Oh Claire, I'm very sorry to hear that, that must have been awful!

I love this stuff! It's the only moisturizer that works for my skin. It has a kind of medicine-y smell but it's faint. If you have a Sephora near you they'll give you a sample if you ask for one.

I love this stuff! It's the only moisturizer that works for my skin. It has a kind of medicine-y smell but it's faint. If you have a Sephora near you they'll give you a sample if you ask for one.

Thanks csamcharlie! I think I can live with a faint smell. :yes: Unfortunately no Sephora near me.

I use hope in a jar and LOVE it. I use the whole makeup optional kit and really can tell a difference (I'm almost 25 and have had issues with redness and dryness -- my skin is more even now). I'm getting the extra sensitive one for next time to try it out.

it does smell off. someone somewhere said it smells like burnt plastic and I agree. but my nose is sensitive and I can still use it, I just wash my hands after. the smell goes away quick. the sensitive one is supposed to not have as much of a smell.

I liked it but I am currently using La Mer again. I just keep coming back to this stuff and it's doing wonders for my dry cheeks. I'm getting flaky around the nose too. :s

i've gotten a couple of samples for it. my cheeks, forehead and nose get really dry and flaky after i get out of the shower so i use a lot of mosturizer, and the hope in a jar smelled horrible and i didnt really like the way it felt on my skin. i use DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew and i LOVE IT. i can seriously load it on and it doesnt make me greasy or make me break out. and its lasted me a long time.

my mom and i both use philosophy products and love them. she uses hope in a jar and it really works well for her! she gave me a few samples of it and i while i have only used it a few times, it really helped w/ my dry skin. however, use sparingly! the first time i sort of overloaded and i ended up looking like a grease-ball. but it did the job!!

Thanks so much for taking the time, everyone! :love: And I appreciate your honesty.

I think I will skip the Philosophy skincare, because I have a very sensitive nose and I really cannot stand bad smell, especially on my face. I also cannot stand Elizabeth Arden's 24 hour cream, just because of the smell....:shame: