Creepy: Seller asks me to send him pics of myself

Sep 7, 2006
So I bought something off ebay recently. I checked my ebay right now and I had a new message:

"What is your ethnic background? You have a very interesting and unusual name. Would you please send me photos of yourself so I can see you properly? I like to see my buyer :smile:"

Umm... yikes?

WTF?! That is so creepy. The creepiest question I've gotten so far -- from a buyer -- was from a guy who asked (about a pair of Louboutin's I'd listed for sale) "Would these shoes look good on a MAN? Can I see a photo of how these shoes look on you?" eBay these days is just freakin' unbelievable.

That is so creepy.

What is up w/ some people these days?

I got a call the other day from some guy asking for Matt or something. I was like, "there is no Matt here, you have the wrong number." It rang again, and it was the same guy asking for Matt again. I tried to help, so I was like "you still have the wrong number, what number are you dialing? this is [my number]" Then he goes, "what's your name, you sound cute..." I was like, "uh, I have to go... " :rolleyes:

Creepy stuff!

I'm sorry but I'm LMAO at this. Yes, it's super creepy, but funny in a sick way. Like I can't believe what some people do...what a FREAK!

I'm going to have to agree with CitCat. I was lol'ing when I read that but seriously, what a creep!! Good thing you didn't pay for money order or anything or he'd have your address too! :nogood:

Good thing you didn't pay for money order or anything or he'd have your address too! :nogood:
He already has her address if he's sending her the item.

By the way, what did you buy from this guy?

I would just ignore him and pretend I didn't get the request for a picture. What else can you do? :shrugs: