My Belated Birthday Present . . . .

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
My birthday was SO hectic this year.

Two days before my birthday I fracture my arm. Due to family circumstances, there was a memorial service the day of my birthday. My parents flew to Toronto so they could attend.

Amidst the mess, we managed to do a very nice family party. I still had the fractured arm and a messy apartment.

My parents and I came to the agreement that once my arm healed and once my apartment was clean they'd send me flowers.

They came today!

001-5.jpg

Hi Caitlin - I'm pleased to hear that your better now - beautiful roses by the way. Did your fractured arm stop you from posting on tpf or did you type with one hand?

I sent a photo of the arranged roses to my parents with a notation to my mother that I would appreciate any critique she had on my arranging skills, because I'd like to learn how to do it properly. I just got a message from her with a suggestion.

(She said that one of the roses was too long and that I should maybe even it out a little.)

I've taken that in and here's the new arrangement:

002-3.jpg

Looks great! I'd perhaps cut a few of the roses a little shorter so they look staggered some, but those are gorgeous!! I LOVE Baby's Breath with flower arrangements too... so delicate!

Happy Belated Birthday!