I need some help on tieing a better bow..

CoachGirl84

Sep 13, 2007
Hey can anyone here give some good instructions on how to tie my new tattersall scarf into a bow?? i really cant get it loook the way it should lol.. any pics or help would be appreciated thanks so much:heart:

umm.. takes practice!

i folded my oblong in half did that half knot thing in the middle..

and did that over and under around the tree in the hole thing.. lol

but i did it upside down.. like i was looking down at my bag

did u get that? lol

It does take practice. I tie the scarf around the strap in a knot first - not too tight though, dont want to dent in the leather! Then just do the right loop, bring around the left side over the loop w/my thumb in the middle (Im doing it in the air as I type this!) and pull it through. I think the important part is once you get a decent bow, you have to fool around with it to make it look good. Like fluff out the bow parts, push the fabric around by the knot so that the two bottom parts lie the way you want them to. I know you saw my pictures on my ergos, but here they are again.

Attachments

• ergo set 003.jpg
    ergo set 003.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 110
Oh and the tattersall scarf is a silkier fabric, so its a little harder to make it look not too floppy. The polka dot scarf, and the other signature heart scarf that I have ,seem to be a heavier silk, so they tend to stay better.

Haha! Luckily the Madeline comes w/ the bow already tied! I think you are doing fine! A lot better than I did when I retied the bow on Madeline....I untied the bow like a dork. Don't ask me why.