Muse pricing question

I could not find a black, medium patent muse on ysl.com, but was able to find a large:

YSL - Large Muse - BLACK PATENT
Price $1,195.00

PAAAIAKIAOAFKCFH.jpg

Patent leather large bag with functional brass lock and key, inside-zip storage and cell phone pocket.

11" H x 17" W x 5" D. Made in Italy

Liz, I saw these on the ysl.com website, but I thought "buffalo" was actually made of buffalo skin--now that you said it was "buffalo leather"...I don't know. What's odd is that a LARGER bag in patent leather would be the SAME price! Usually patent leather is more $$$ than regular--so that pricing is wierd.

Thanks for the help.

Does anybody know if "buffalo" is really made of buffalo skin? I wouldn't want that.

Thanks! :yes:

Lord, I feel like an idiot now...and I'm a (lower level) scientist! No, a buffalo is not a cow, but maybe the "cousin" of a cow. Yeah, that's right, because back in the day buffalos almost went extinct in the US cause the cowboys shot 'em all. Don't ask me how the hell I remember that. So no, cow does NOT = buffalo.

Lol, yeah I know the animal buffalo. It's the one with a grayish / brownish coloring and has bigger horns than the cow, right? I have the pics of them in my head.

It's just I thought the buffalo in leather means cow's leather. Like pony in leather parlance is not from pony horse but from cow. :confused1: :confused1:

OK, am rambling...

Liz, I saw these on the ysl.com website, but I thought "buffalo" was actually made of buffalo skin--now that you said it was "buffalo leather"...I don't know. What's odd is that a LARGER bag in patent leather would be the SAME price! Usually patent leather is more $$$ than regular--so that pricing is wierd.

Thanks for the help.

Does anybody know if "buffalo" is really made of buffalo skin? I wouldn't want that.

Thanks! :yes:

LOL!

I wish I knew about the leathers and their origin, but I hope someone else does and can help us! :P
I am not sure if the buffalo leather comes from buffalo skin...:confused1: Great question!

Yes, the prices on ysl.com are crazy! They do not make much sense, but I will not complain!

I thought 'leather' was the generic term for animal hide and the animal determined the type of leather. So I've assumed all this time that buffalo leather meant (water) buffalo hide as opposed to calf, lamb or deer.

Good point about "pony hair" ... I haven't wanted to think too deeply about that one!

** well, I had to do a bit of research and it seems that pony hair is actually that ... pony hair.