Cost of a medium/large black Caviar flap

Big Eyes

Oct 3, 2007
I am new to Chanel. Can anyone answer this question for me? What is the price of a new medium/large caviar black flap now? And sorry.... there is a second part to this question. Is there a major difference between the medium/large and jumbo? Oh..... and also, is it nicer than the reissue? Thank you in advance. I am normally on the LV forum.

The medium/large cost $2395 (Jumbo $2695). There is a very big difference in size. Wish there was a size right in the middle.

Is it nicer than the reissue? Its a matter of opinion and taste. A first Chanel flap is usually a classic flap then you get a sudden interest for more and find reissues. I think the reissues are great because it offers way more options in sizes.

Check the reference section for pics.

The medium/large cost $2395 (Jumbo $2695). There is a very big difference in size. Wish there was a size right in the middle.

Is it nicer than the reissue? Its a matter of opinion and taste. A first Chanel flap is usually a classic flap then you get a sudden interest for more and find reissues. I think the reissues are great because it offers way more options in sizes.

Check the reference section for pics.

So, medium/large is essentially the same thing? Sorry, I am Chanel Newb and still trying to figure out all the styles/sizes, etc...the classic flap comes in 2 sizes from what I understand...med/large and jumbo? /boggle :Push:

I thought this would be of some help for you all...LOL, I have it saved on my computer. Heehee! :shame:

HTH!;)

---------------

Update for Classic and Reissue Flaps reflecting the latest price increase from Nov. 2007

The Classic Flap Bag comes in three sizes:

Small - 9" W x 5.5" H x 2" D - $2,295.00 for Caviar + $100.00 more for lambskin

Medium - 10" x 6" x 2.5" - $2,395.00 Caviar + $100.00 more for lambskin

Jumbo - 12" x 8" x 3" - $2,650.00 Caviar + $100.00 more for lambskin

======================================== ===========

The sizes for the Reissue 2.55:

A302224: - The Baby 7.5 W x 5.75 H x 1.75 D inches $1795

A302225: - Small 9.75" x 7.06" x 2.16" $2,250.00

A302226: - Medium 11" x 8" x 2.5" $2,695.00

A302227: - Large 12.25" x 9.18" x 2.5" $2,850.00

A302228: - The X-Large aka Jumbo 14.2" x 9.8" x 3" $3,495.00

Chanelflap is correct..the flap comes in 4 sizes..what is known as the med/large flap to most people is actually the large flap...the medium flap is the original flap size...the medium $100 dollars less than the large...

I was at Chanel yesterday and the SA explained it to me = )

Chanelflap is correct..the flap comes in 4 sizes..what is known as the med/large flap to most people is actually the large flap...the medium flap is the original flap size...the medium $100 dollars less than the large...

I was at Chanel yesterday and the SA explained it to me = )

hmm, this is interesting.. i have never seen the medium size before.. whenever i go to a chanel store, i only see the jumbo, the med/large, and the small... but i dont really see a difference between the small and the med/large so i cant imagine what the difference would be for a bag in between those two.

hmm, this is interesting.. i have never seen the medium size before.. whenever i go to a chanel store, i only see the jumbo, the med/large, and the small... but i dont really see a difference between the small and the med/large so i cant imagine what the difference would be for a bag in between those two.

It's not that much of a difference size-wise..but it makes more of a difference what you can put inside the medium vs. the large...if I can remember, the medium was slightly shorter in height but more shorter in width than the large. The large costs $2,350 and the medium costs $2,250.