Food How do You Dice Papaya?

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
I'm making a new recipe tomorrow for shrimp salad. It calls for one cup of diced papaya. I bought one at Whole Foods but I have no idea what to do with it.

Do you peel the outer green layer off or do you eat that part too? Or is it like cantaloupe or watermelon where you cut it open and scoop the inside part out?

I don't think I've even tasted a papaya before but the recipe calls for other good stuff that I like so I'm going to try it.

Thanks for your advice!

Here's how I would do it...

Slice it in half vertically and then in halves again so you have 4 long pieces. Scoop all the seeds out, slice the skin off of the outsides with a knife, then dice it up. I hope that makes some sense lol...

Here's how I would do it...

Slice it in half vertically and then in halves again so you have 4 long pieces. Scoop all the seeds out, slice the skin off of the outsides with a knife, then dice it up. I hope that makes some sense lol...
Thanks a million! I had absolutely no idea what to do with it!

You're welcome! :flowers:

Have you tasted it yet? Papaya is soooooo delicious!!!

I just made the recipe for dinner and the papaya was wonderful! It tasted sort of like cantaloupe, but sweeter. Your directions on slicing and dicing were perfect! LOL! I was shocked at all the tiny seeds.

The recipe I made called for shrimp, avocado, mango chutney, papaya, hot sauce, romaine lettuce and salt. It made a really nice salad that we ate on French bread.

Now that I know how good it is, I'm going to buy another one this weekend.

Thanks again for your advice!:smile: