Changing posts written in all caps to lowercase

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
If a poster knowingly or inadvertently types a whole sentence in caps, when posted it Looks Like This which is a total PITA to read.

I know it's better that way than all caps, but is there a way to make it all lowercase instead of capitalizing the first letter of every word? It's actually easier to read a whole sentence in lowercase, even with lowercase after a period Instead Of Reading Something Like This. Is this something that the forum admins can do?

i'm not a mod (obviously), and i can barely ever be bothered to use the shift key, but i'm fairly sure that the only way to change that would be to do it manually. i doubt anyone would want that job :lol:

Not sure, I can ask Vlad.

Question- is there a setting to do that or do you have to press shift each time??

I'm assuming that a setting already exists on the forum that turns a post typed in all caps (when CAPS LOCK is set to ON) into a post that has only the first letters of each word capitalized. So if someone types with the caps lock key set to ON or the shift key pressed down throughout the resulting post does not come out as yelling, But Looks Like This.

I'm just wondering if whatever setting that made the all caps not look like all caps be adjusted so anyone who types in all caps will get an output in all lowercase.

I agree, it's hard to read like that! I think someone once mentioned that they couldn't change the settings on their computer (work computer maybe?) so that's why they always "typed" liked that.

Sadly, it is the forum software that converts all caps into capitalized first letters. I may look into changing that, can't guarantee it though.

If you can edit your own post and have Word for Windows:

copy and paste the words into Word
select all text
from the menu, choose Format ... Change Case ... Sentence case.

The only problem with it is that any abbreviations like LOL will not stay all caps.

I KNOW READING POSTS LIKE THAT CAN BE ANNOYING, BUT IT SURE BEATS READING POSTS IN ALL CAPS.

I WAS ACTUALLY WONDERING WHAT WAS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE: i WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY SOMEONE WOULD POST BY CAPITALIZING THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD THEY WROTE.

edit
I don't know why the filter thing didn't work for me.:confused1: I'm defective:crybaby: