Speedy Opinions

Feb 8, 2007
hi...this is my first post in the lv forum...i am thinking of purchasing a speedy...i'm 50 years old and a teacher and soccer mom and am not delicate with my bags at all...i also know that i see a LOT of speedys around...can you help me with benefits/advantages to owning one?
thanks in advance!

Qunitessential LV! Audrey Hepburn had one! Classy. Can be dressy or casual.

The Speedy 25 is small and adorable.
The Speedy 20 is larger and would be a great size for you, a mom. I have one and have 4 children. I initially bought the 25 and exchanged it - too small.
Many people love the 35. Too big for me but still a great bag.

You should go to the store and try them out with your personal things in them. Leave the store. Have lunch and think about it. Come back and purchase your forever friend!!

Good Luck!

hi...this is my first post in the lv forum...i am thinking of purchasing a speedy...i'm 50 years old and a teacher and soccer mom and am not delicate with my bags at all...i also know that i see a LOT of speedys around...can you help me with benefits/advantages to owning one?
thanks in advance!

I would get at least a 30, you'll love that it will hold the world with room to spare, durable and will always be in style.

I bought one several years ago, was in my early fifties. My only regret is I had not bought it when I was even younger. I find the 30 is a good size, also the 35 is great. I can wear it with my jeans and also my little black dress for dinner out. The bag is absolutely timeless

Hey fellow Bostonian! I just wanted to say that I have a mono speedy 25 and it's my all time favorite bag. No matter what other bag I may buy, I always go back to my speedy. (I have three kids by the way). I really don't know why. It's just the perfect size for me....I love that it's a handheld bag (shoulder bags are always slipping off my shoulder)....I love that it zips....I love that it's casual and looks great with jeans but also that I can use it at night and it looks just as chic. I am a huge bag fanatic and have owned a lot of different bags over the years and this has been my ultimate favorite since I got it well over a year ago.

I recently got a 35 and I love it. I have always been a shoulder bag girl so I wasn't sure how I'd do with this bag, but I really like carrying it. I like carrying it on my arm/wrist-its no problem. Its a great great bag-get one-yoy'll use it forever.

I recommend trying them on first if you can. The 30 was actually smaller than I expected, but I have the 30 and 35. As everyone else has said, they are timeless! The hand-held style does not bother me because the bags are made so light! :smile:

I have 4 speedy 30's in different patterns. I love, love, love this bag!! I would go with the 30....it's the perfect size, not too big and not too small. You will love carrying it on your arm. It's very easy to get used to. It's the perfect bag for a mom (I have 4 kids as well) and a teacher (I'm a speech therapist in the schools).

songofthesea,

You've got it all covered... Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics! I'm with you, Babe! I own the mono Speedy 35. It is fantastic! The size is a little more uncommon and I agree with all the things that have been said about the Speedy. In addition, with the 35, you can use it when you travel as a carry on bag. It is gorgeous as an everyday bag as well. You don't have to fill it up to capacity so don't worry that you don't have enough to put in. That's the beauty of the 35. It can fit as much or as little as you need. It looks so chic against any outfit. I love mine.

When I go out to dinner I don't carry a Speedy. I find that a clutch is more chic. But you could probably get away with using the Speedy for an early casual dinner.

You really do get used to not having them on your shoulder. (Plus - it's better on your back if you carry a lot of stuff!)

You can sling it up your arm around your elbow to free up your hand. I have had EVERY size of speedy made, and so far my fave is the 35. Can't go wrong with a speedy!

You can always buy a strap, too, if you find you really need a shoulder bag.