Am I being paranoid... buyer already thinks I misrepresented item based on my e-mail

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
Oct 27, 2007
Okay, I listed a Katy Travel Tote last night and it sold this morning. Should I be worried? Did I misrepresent the item?

I sent the buyer the following message..
WOW... I didn't expect her to sell so fast! I take really good care of my bags, so with the exception of the minor black marks and the snag I tried desperately to show in the pics she is in A+ condition. I have her packed and ready to go so she will go out tomorrow on my way to the aiport. You should have gotten an e-mail with the UPS tracking number and if you didn't let me know and I will resend.

Enjoy her... she is even more beautiful in person that in the pictures!

Then she replied...

Your description only stated a few blemishes. You didn't mention a snag? Please describe the snag to me. I'm kind of disappointed by that statement and feel you may have misrepresented the condition.

Then I replied...
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]The "snag" is shown on the second picture on the left. The fabric isn't ripped, just rubbed. I guess most people wouldn't consider it a snag, but I did not misrepresent the item. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Please look at that picture and if it is not to your satisfaction let me know and I will cancel the order. I don't want to ship the item and then it not be to your satisfaction.
[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Here are the pictures I included in the auction and the description.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]This is the picture with the "snag"[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
DSC03851.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Other pics included[/FONT]
DSC03847.jpg
[/FONT]
DSC03846.jpg
[/FONT]
DSC03852.jpg
[/FONT]
DSC03854.jpg
[/FONT]
DSC03855.jpg
[/FONT]
DSC03853.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]This is a 100% authentic Coach Handbag.
Reason for selling: I haven't used this bag since shortly after I bought it AND I am cleaning out my basement. Too many bags, too little time. I have tried my best to show each blemish on the bag. If I use flash the spots don't show up so they were taken with no flash. In reality this bag is in B+ to A- on my scale, but for most they wouldn't even see the items I have tried to show. If you would like additional pictures loaded please let me know.
I will only accept Paypal. I will ONLY ship to a U.S. confirmed address. I will NOT accept a return. (Note: this is not because of the bag itself, but too many people have "buyers remorse" and then want to return it in a condition LESS than it was sent in.
This bag was purchased by me in a Coach Boutique. This bag is absolutely guaranteed to be authentic!!!!! This is the XL travel tote. 15" tall, 18" wide, 6" deep
If you don't intend to pay, don't bid. All payments are due immediately for buy it now or within 48 hours for best offers. Item will be sent within 48 hours of payment at the latest if Paypal funds, credit card, or instant transfer are used ONLY. E-check transactions may take up to 10 days to ship while check clears. Will be sent fully insured with delivery confirmation/tracking.
Please e-mail me with any questions or concerns.
ALL sales are final. If you want any particular pictures of the bag, don't hesitate to ask. AGAIN, I guarantee this bag is authentic and will NOT accept any returns because of buyer's remorse. If you are unsure this is the bag you want or that you want to spend this much on a bag, PLEASE do not bid.
If you have negative feedback, please do not bid. If you have less than 10 positive feedbacks please do not bid. NO international bidders, will ship U.S. only.

[/FONT]

IMO, the buyer sounds a little nitpicky, and I'd be careful because she might just be looking for a reason to get out of the auction....

You have very very very clear photos of any damage/use. You didn't misrepresent ANYTHING.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am still waiting for her response, but it makes me just want to cancel the auction and keep the bag :smile:

That fabric is just so hard to care for, but I don't want drama!!!

I think it's great that you included so many pics and were honest that there were a few blemishes. I was unable to see any kind of snag in the fabric from looking at your pics. Its tough as it's really difficult to show minor wear and tear with photos. If there is indeed a "snag" in the fabric I think you should have mentioned it in your description. I would be upset if I got a fabric bag and there was a snag n the fabric that I didn't know about when I purchased it. If the area is just worn a bit that might be different but to me "snag" implies like a thread being pulled out .... you'll just have to see what happens when your buyer gets the bag.

I think it's great that you included so many pics and were honest that there were a few blemishes. I was unable to see any kind of snag in the fabric from looking at your pics. Its tough as it's really difficult to show minor wear and tear with photos. If there is indeed a "snag" in the fabric I think you should have mentioned it in your description. I would be upset if I got a fabric bag and there was a snag n the fabric that I didn't know about when I purchased it. If the area is just worn a bit that might be different but to me "snag" implies like a thread being pulled out .... you'll just have to see what happens when your buyer gets the bag.

No, then "snag" was the wrong word to use. The fabric is just rubbed, and there are no loose threads.

AHhhhh now I feel bad. :cursing:

Perhaps this buyer just wants to be reassured since you brought up the word "snag" after she won your auction and did not mention that in your listing and it does not appear in your photos. Or perhaps she is looking for a bit of a price reduction. I must admit that if I were the buyer I'd want more info under the circumstances. Correspond with her and see if you can assure her it really isn't a snag at all.

I think dealing on eBay has made us all paranoid. Your pix look lovely. I am sure the buyer will be happy. It is great you are showing the purse's negatives (which are very few) by all the photos.

I would feel very confident as a buyer.

Cute bag. I would've just thanked her for her purchase and provided her with the shipping and tracking information. The bag was already described and photographed. I know you were just trying to be a good seller but sometimes too many words open up a can of worms. Kinda like emailing a buyer after they've received their purchase to see if they like the item and if so, could they please leave feedback. Sometimes it backfires.

Just ship it out to her. She'll love it.

LOL... isn't hindsight a b:censor:ch!!!

Yes, as my mother says "no good deed goes unpunished" :cursing:

But now that I have already opened this communication shouldn't I wait for her response if she wants me to cancel it since I already offered?

LOL... isn't hindsight a b:censor:ch!!!

Yes, as my mother says "no good deed goes unpunished" :cursing:

But now that I have already opened this communication shouldn't I wait for her response if she wants me to cancel it since I already offered?

Most definitely. Since you offered her an out, you need to give her an out if that what she decides.

I would try and reassure the buyer and let her know that she can return the bag, in the condition it was shipped in, if she doesn't approve of the condition. Make sure you security tag it so she can't carry it around for a week oand put a small pet in it, or take it out and spill a chocolate martini all over it and then try and send it back....good luck and keep us posted!