Replace Speedy or just vachetta?

clop

O.G.
Jan 22, 2008
Hi!

I'm wondering if I should replace my mono Speedy 25 with another, or just replace the vachetta. I've had & loved mine for quite a while - I purchased it new back when it was $380. It's in good condition, and has developed a nice patina, and while it admittedly could be in better shape, I've used it almost every day for the past 5 or so years.

Today my SO held my bag for a few minutes while I put on my shoes. Unbeknownst to me, he also had keys in his hand. When I got my bag back, I felt and saw 6 grooves cut into the handle! :cursing: They're fairly deep, you can see the lighter color leather beneath.

He very nicely immediately said to get another, but I am attached to this bag, it was my first big purchase, and equally important, they are now $695. I've read that replacing all the vachetta is $475? I wouldn't just change the handles, it wouldn't match the rest of the bag.
Apologies if this has been covered already or if this post is a little long, I'm a newbie. :wlae:

Just curious, does DH stand for darling/dear husband?
Lastly, this is an excellent forum; everyone's so friendly & informative. I'm very glad I stumbled across it :love:

Ive had this conversation with my SA before too. It all depends how much the bag cost in the first place. About your bag, IMO, I would just buy a new one since it costs that much to replace everything.

thanks! I've gotten over the intial anger of the scuffed handles. I can use this for a while longer, and replace it in the future (before another increase ;)). Can't wait for honey brown vachetta!

Hey clop sorry about your bag...IMO you should buy a new one...you should let her go in dignity...(that sounded serious)
Maybe it's time you get a yourself a new bag even a different one to attach to and make it part of your life...
And believe me I am bonded with my things as well...
Good luck

Another person on the forum replaced all the vachetta and it was only about 300$ I would do that rather then replace the entire bag,
Hi!

I'm wondering if I should replace my mono Speedy 25 with another, or just replace the vachetta. I've had & loved mine for quite a while - I purchased it new back when it was $380. It's in good condition, and has developed a nice patina, and while it admittedly could be in better shape, I've used it almost every day for the past 5 or so years.

Today my SO held my bag for a few minutes while I put on my shoes. Unbeknownst to me, he also had keys in his hand. When I got my bag back, I felt and saw 6 grooves cut into the handle! :cursing: They're fairly deep, you can see the lighter color leather beneath.

He very nicely immediately said to get another, but I am attached to this bag, it was my first big purchase, and equally important, they are now $695. I've read that replacing all the vachetta is $475? I wouldn't just change the handles, it wouldn't match the rest of the bag.
Apologies if this has been covered already or if this post is a little long, I'm a newbie. :wlae:

Just curious, does DH stand for darling/dear husband?
Lastly, this is an excellent forum; everyone's so friendly & informative. I'm very glad I stumbled across it :love:

lol once I attach to something, it's difficult to let go... I end up buying multiples of the same. The speedy is the only mono I have, the others are epi. Hmm maybe a epi speedy? I do love the iconic look of the mono speedy - matches everything. Thanks for the suggestion, I really should branch out. :shame:

that's too bad about your speedy's handles. sometimes people don't think, at all, when handling valuable/important items. i'd get a new speedy when the time is right.

Can you post pictures of your Speedy?

I would kill to see the patina on that Speedy!

I suggest getting a brand new one! I cant justify spending 300-400 on a 600 dollar bag!