December 21, 2012 - The End???

My BF is obsessed with the book. I read some of it and how he tries to make the argument seems kind of out there, to me at least. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. I hate to speculate on it. Seems pointless to me.

http://www.merceronline.com/Native/native05.htm

This link tells of the Legend Of the White Buffalo Woman, who is believed by Native Americans to be the future. After destruction and loss, Mother Earth and her children will come back and live in peace. The telling of the borth of a white buffalo calf already happened, and as predicted, changed colors four times... white, red, brown and yellow. Her name is Miracle.

IF we are slated to all die on this date, there is nothing we can do to stop it, no? So, one says, what's the point of even trying? Because history is full of end of the world prophicies and this one is no different. What matters is what we do in the life we are given, and never give up as a species.

Remember when everything was supposed to crash on New Years Day 2000? Our computers and systems were never programmed to accept the first digit of 2 as a year date? Didn't happen, did it?

Personally, I don't think there is an upswing in what's been predicted. What there IS an upswing is that we now have the ability to not only gather the information and zap it around the world in seconds, but we also have the ability to cause so much pain. Once we stop allowing people to tell us how to live and that force is the only way, level the playing field, then massive destruction BY MAN will stop.

The weather has always been the weather. Especially earthquakes and tsunamis... they cause more damage now because there is more TO damage. Our desire and demand for beachfront resorts obviously puts humans in more danger should their be an off-land earthquake. Same with the wildfires in SoCal. They've been going on for decades, only now rich people build homes in hard to access areas, and the dryness of Octobers only feed the fires. Sections of Africa have always had drought, yet it's said that is the cradle of mankind. We as a species just don't give up that easy!

I fully believe we know the answers, we know how to stop this madness, but we don't have the guts to try anymore. This will be forgotten as quickly as Earth Day is now, since our society is now aimed at guilty pleasures and not aimed toward any kind of future.

December 21, 2012 is the eve of my brother K's 58th birthday. I plan on baking him a cake.

Predictions of the end of the world have been going on forever. I guess we'll see what happens when the date gets here (however, I did get an enormous kick out of Hillary *******'s picture when it mentioned the antichrist).

The reason that the year 2000 didn't pose a problem was that computer programmers were working on that way in advance. We have a friend who works with programming at a very large company, and they all had to be there at the stroke of midnight to make sure that what they had been doing worked. And even if it didn't, it wouldn't have meant the end of the world, just some inconveniences. Actually, I remember that some of the dire predictions at the time seemed pretty ridiculous.

Sounds like a lot of horse pucky to me, but then again who really knows?

I believe in God as well, though I am not sure what that has to do with this video. My Bible doesn't include the book of Revelations, though, so that probably explains why I'm not seeing the connection ;)

I also got a big chuckle out of the picture of Hillary when the video mentioned the antichrist, though. Heh.

What is the title of the book? I may want to check it out..

Thanks!

Apocalypse 2012. If you would like I can send it to you. I don't need it.

I agree with everyone else. The weather is the weather. It's been going on forever and I'm sure there have been worse things that have happened, but that didn't mean the world is going to end. I believe in God and He will end it when it is time. I'm just going to live my life to my fullest. That's all any of us can do.