My loves for S/S 08: dark brown and dark silver 2.55 reissue!

dokugaku

O.G.
May 29, 2006
OMG...I wrote an entire essay length post talking about this and it DIDN'T POST. ARGGGH.... :cursing: I'm so frustrated. OK...I'm going to type its ALL OVER AGAIN from scratch. UGH.

So so so, I'm super excited to share my S/S 08 finds with you guys! I've been a bit busy, so I didn't get a chance to take pics, upload them, and post them up on tPF, but here they are (again -_-). I guess I will consider these as my "first" Chanel's since the only Chanel that I've own was a gold medium lux bowler which I gave to my cousin since she loved it so much that I no longer own it.

I really wanted to get a dark silver 226 reissue since I missed out during the previous seasons when this colour was avaliable. When my SA called, you can be sure that I was super excited that I will finally get to own this beauty! I never saw this colour IRL before, only from pictures that other members posted of their dark silvers, so when I made my way down to Chanel, I was feeling a bit anxious.

But when my SA unwrapped the bag, I was floored. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!! My mind kinda stopped and I guess I had an expression less face so my SA looked at me quizzically and asked me if I liked it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!!? THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER SEEN!! NYYAAAA!! -- I thought :lol:. I immediately paid for the bag so that this could finally be officially mine! As she rang me up, another SA was brought out a dark brown reissue (also 226 size) to put in the display case. My eyes followed her --or rather the bag in her hand :drool: as she made her way across the floor. The colour was so breathtaking! I left with the dark silver, this was last week, and I couldn't stop thinking about the dark brown so I went back on Thursday to take another look at it.

My SA told me that a metallic black also came in and out of curiosity I asked her to show it to me. IT WAS SUPER GORGEOUS....!!! KYAA!!!! I couldn't decide between the two and I wasn't about to buy my 3rd reissue for the week (Yikes). No other customers were there so all the SAs were entertaining me, helping me decide, talking through it...hahaha, and modelled it for me so that I can see what it looks like from far and on someone else etc. I finally decided on the dark brown. I also picked up the silver tone pearl necklace that I've been thinking about for a while since they are fake pearls after all, Chanel or not, but they look really nice on and felt very heavy (heavy = expensive / luxurious? who knows. :upsidedown:), so I went for it. I also walked by Hermes and when I saw a mini red Kelly with GHW in the display window I went in to check it out. I found a nice belt that will match a new shirt dress I bought so I got that too. It's the H buckle reversible belt in black box calf and gold togo with matte gold hardware. I never really understood the hype about Hermes leather, but that was because I never touched it or saw it up close before. My goodness...I am unworthy! HAHAHAHA. The leather is SO SO SO beautiful, more beautiful that any other leather I've seen. Now I know why women go nuts over Hermes handbags!

Anyhow, I tried to take the best pictures with good quality so that I can to show the true colour of the bags so that anyone that wants to buy these bags sight unseen can get a good look at what they're getting. I'll try to describe them too. I also took a picture of the style codes on the boxes so if you order over the phone the SA knows exactly what you want, since it seems like members on this forum know alot more info than the SAs. It's just easier to tell them the code rather then give a length description IMO.

Ok, here goes:

Dark silver: I can't compare to past seasons dark silvers because I've never seen them IRL, only pics from members on this forum. Hopefully ceci can help with this so we can compare her dark silver (from previous season) pictures to mine side by side so that we can see differences, if any. Anyways, this dark silver is has a bronzish rose-ish undertone to it. It looks like its mixed with a dirty (haha) silver, kinda pewter looking. It's hard to describe, but I think I captured the colour pretty accurately in my pics. The hardware is silver, but not bright silver, I would describe it as a very light gunmetal silver. The hardware is shiny not "tarnished".

Dark brown / bronze: My SA called this colour bronze. This colour is very different IMO. It has a what seems to be a dark violet undertone mixed with a dark bronze. Please refer to pics. The hardware is a matte gold (looks like used/tarnished -- my SA calls it "vintage" metal :shrugs:) It's a light gold colour (similar to gucci light gold hardware except used or "vintaged").

I'll try to describe the metallic black too. I don't have a picture since I didn't buy it (not going too...keep repeating that to myself...:nogood:) and I didn't have my camera with me when I was there. I also never saw the previous seasons metallic black, so I can only make a comparison based on pics I've seen of other member's previous season metallic blacks. The S/S 08 metallic black was jaw dropping gorgeous too. It's not exactly black black, but its dark. It has deep violet and a very dark navy undertone to it mixed with the metallic black, unlike previous season metallic black which looked like black with a metallic sheen to me from pics (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, this season metallic black comes with a matte gold "tarnished" hardware exactly like my dark brown. The colour is so spectacular...it reminded me of a romantic midnight starry sky. :heart: Check it out if you can. I hope I can resist! My bank account is so pissed right now, it probably wants to :boxing: me out. HAHAHAHA. Sigh.

P/S: I love size 226. For reference I'm 5'2 100 pounds. Will take modelling pics tmr when there's more light.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Oh gosh. I'm so sorry. I know this is getting too long, but I just wanted to add that these metallic bags have very special colours, so in different lighting, they show off diff hues thus hard to represent colour. Really hope this helps anyone interested.

[/FONT]

Anyways, hope my pics and descriptions help! Without further ado, HERE'S THE LOOT!!

groupgw4.jpg

dksilv1ev0.jpg

dksilv2pd7.jpg

Love all ur reissues and the chanel necklace as well ur Hermes belt:love:

Your purchases are gorgeous:tup:

dkbrwn3pc9.jpg

dkbrwn2ji9.jpg

dkbrwn1na9.jpg

ccsilvpearltq8.jpg

hbeltgoldblacklt0.jpg

I love the combo of the dark brown reissue with the gold h/w....it's FAB! At first, i thought it was metallic black....LOL

The chanel pearl necklace is stunning, i'm so in love:love:

Not forgettin ur hermes belt, i also wanting one of this too:flowers:

Wow! What great buys. I don't know if I like the silver or brown better! they are both gorgeous!!!! You really have all your bases covered w/ these 2 bags. Enjoy and Congrats!!!!

Thanks for all your comments! Chanel subforum is so active! hahaha.

@Celia_Hish: The dark brown and metallic black are VERY similar under certain lighting. But if you compare both side by side you can tell the difference. I think a member commented that she went to a show and mistook the dark brown for the black or vice versa. The brown is a bit more bronze..to me at least whereas the met. black is more dark dark violet + navy.

@sara265 and KDB: I couldn't decide either so I sucked it up and bought both so I won't regret. ^_^