My DST from Bag Borrow or Steal Outlet (Ton of Pics)

Tiffany_Darling

Refined
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not a member of BBoS so I didn't know what to expect. I wanted to share my experience in case anyone was curious. Below is a summary of my purchase from their outlet store.

It's a small brown Diamond Stitch tote purchased Monday. It arrived via Standard shipping this afternoon. I have been searching for this bag since October to no avail. I finally gave up and decided to purchase a used one from BBoS at a discount. I believe it was $1100 or $1200. I have to look at my bank statement (the receipt excludes price). I'm a little worried about the authenticity now so I invite your comments. In the meantime, I'm going to go and compare it to my black large DST. :s

The Pros
  • It arrived in good condition: no smoke odor, etc.
  • Chain appears to be in great condition
  • No scratches on the exterior
  • No stains in the interior

The cons:
  • No authenticity card. I called and was told by the rep that they don't send unless I ask for it. Then she put me on hold, came back and disclosed that she would have to search for it. I put it back in the dust bag and into the box until she calls me back. :tdown:
  • No email confirmation with order number nor tracking ID. I had to call and get the UPS tracking ID and confirm that they even processed it since there was only one left. I was also told that a sig was required so I stayed home all day instead of running errors. The UPS guy dropped it off on my doorstep and drove off.
Sorry for the blurry photos. My battery was dying.

dst1yr1.jpg

dst6fr5.jpg

dst5ff2.jpg

dst4kg5.jpg

dst3xh4.jpg

dst2qj1.jpg

Hey Tiffany, thanks for posting your experience! It is helpful, as I had my eye on that MC flap on BBS, but I saw that all of the Chanels on the site said "gently used", and I was nervous about how gently. Your new bag looks great, like brand new! It's quite reassuring. :smile: Are there any signs of use that you see? Would you recommend BBS outlet bags?

I would recommend it. My biggest worries were the interior (lipstick stains for example) and scratches on the hardware. The hardware is not as bad as I thought it would be. I was worried due to the large size of the CCs. They're in similar shape as my large black DST and I've had that only since October. The interior appears fine, too. I am happy I was able to find it. I wanted a large DST in brown months ago. I guess the wait saved me a few dollars.

Also, their rep called me back and she is sending the authenticity card today.
:yes:

Based off the pictures... it's l:huh:ks like it's in great condition. They packaged it nicely too. As for the hologram card... it would have to either be an awesome price compared to the retail price for it "Not" to have it. If they can't locate it.. I'd ask for an addl % off... like 10..:yes:

I would recommend it. My biggest worries were the interior (lipstick stains for example) and scratches on the hardware. The hardware is not as bad as I thought it would be. I was worried due to the large size of the CCs. They're in similar shape as my large black DST and I've had that only since October. The interior appears fine, too. I am happy I was able to find it. I wanted a large DST in brown months ago. I guess the wait saved me a few dollars.

Also, their rep called me back and she is sending the authenticity card today.
:yes:

you could always have the hardware polished, no worries on that. i often have my cartier watch polished too b/c of the regular use, as a result of scratches on the face.

Update

The authenticity card is on its way. I also meant errands not errors below. Did I mention I haven't eaten either? :P Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get the card.

• No authenticity card. I called and was told by the rep that they don't send unless I ask for it. Then she put me on hold, came back and disclosed that she would have to search for it. I put it back in the dust bag and into the box until she calls me back.
  • No email confirmation with order number nor tracking ID. I had to call and get the UPS tracking ID and confirm that they even processed it since there was only one left. I was also told that a sig was required so I stayed home all day instead of running errors. The UPS guy dropped it off on my doorstep and drove off.