What color is your most expensive bag?

dogdoc

Can I play too?
O.G.
Jul 23, 2007
For me, the more I spend on a bag, the more versatile it needs to be; so my pricier bags tend to be neutrals. My less pricey bags have been the whites and colorful ones - you know, harder to coordinate with and ones that get dirty easily.

Not as interested in WHAT your most expensive bag is, or what exactly it cost - just:
What color is it? And I'm talking what YOU actually paid for it, not retail.

I'll start:
Up til last week it was a dark dark chocolate brown bag; then I returned that one and now it's the LV Damier print (the chocolate and brown checkerboard pattern).

Your turn! :smile::jammin:

I think your logic makes total sense dogdoc....but my current "most expensive" is my violet Balenciaga Day bag and I totally, totally :heart: it! Before I got it I worried that I'd have to coordinate it with what I was wearing and that because it's a bright color I'd be limited, but I've been carrying it nonstop since I got it (and committing all kinds of fashion faux pas along the way I'm sure). But heck, I love this bag and life is too short to keep it sitting in my closet so I rock it as much as I can! :rochard:

I think your logic makes total sense dogdoc....but my current "most expensive" is my violet Balenciaga Day bag and I totally, totally :heart: it! Before I got it I worried that I'd have to coordinate it with what I was wearing and that because it's a bright color I'd be limited, but I've been carrying it nonstop since I got it (and committing all kinds of fashion faux pas along the way I'm sure). But heck, I love this bag and life is too short to keep it sitting in my closet so I rock it as much as I can! :rochard:

it's so funny you say that cuz mine is burgundy, and cuz i love it... sometimes i don't care what i'm wearing!:P

My most expensive bags are black and brown; a black chanel, a brown chanel and the black LV mirage (which is black with brown :smile:)
I think those are defenitely the most versatile and timeless colors for a bag...

My 2005 Rouge Theatre (Red) Balenciaga city which my husband gave me this past Christmas. We paid way over retail for it because it was brand new - never used and being a 2005 color, it is difficult to find brand new. And it is my perfect red!

I have two most expensive bags that cost the same (if I remember correctly): One is my berry red patent Burberry Manor bag (sale price) and the other a Louis Vuitton petite Elllipse (retail price). So I guess I have most of my wardrobe and events covered with this two bags...
Regina
:tup: