question about garnets??!!!

courtneyh

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
Hey all!!! I figured all of you could help me out with this one!

How much does like deep red garnets cost. I would say between 1 1/2 carats to 3 carats!

thanks in advance!!!

It depends, as pointed out. Are you buying a loose stone or looking for pre-set things? Garnet is very reasonably priced and normally is found in larger carat weights in pre-set jewelry.

For example, this ring is over 2 carats of garnet w/ 30 points in diamond weight and is $300.

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wa...-TDW-Diamond-Garnet-Ring/2542209/product.html

thanks!! this website helped alot...i was looking for pre-set rings.

I didnt realize how inexpensive garnet is...i thought it was going to be really expensive.

If I did want to purchase a loose stone...where would a good place online be to look at.

I've never looked for loose garnet, but I would try to google it or maybe pricescope in the colored gem section has some online retailers to search. For the money, you'd probably do better w/ pre-set jewelry unless you want something custom, IMO.

I'd look at www.pricescope.com

There's some good information on there if you don't mind wading through all the posts.

I casually looked at garnets at the jewelers where I buy most everything. I can't remember the cost of anything, but in comparison to rubies they were a lot less expensive.

Don't forget that garnets have many many color shades.. I like the mandarin color ones =) there is also sesspriate (i spelled that so wrong) and thats a orangy/red color.. you will have to look up what color you want and the best shade/quality for that color.