Not so much a LoVe letter...

Chipper

Hermesmerized
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Hi All,

I am finally at a point in my life where I can shop at LV but have come away with more negative experiences than positive. I've decided that I'm going to write a letter to the manager of my local boutique in hopes of not only making her aware of the poor customer service but to encourage progress towards building an excellent customer rapport.

I was wondering if anyone else had written to LV before and what their experience was like. Thanks in advance!

^^ I wrote to the CEO of LV here about my positive experience at the store and he responded to the SA too....so I think it is good to focus on the positive aspect of customer service as well:yes:

Hi All,

I am finally at a point in my life where I can shop at LV but have come away with more negative experiences than positive. I've decided that I'm going to write a letter to the manager of my local boutique in hopes of not only making her aware of the poor customer service but to encourage progress towards building an excellent customer rapport.

I was wondering if anyone else had written to LV before and what their experience was like. Thanks in advance!

We will have to compare notes!;)

Ok, I'm done writing it! Thanks for your input, everyone. And yes, I definitely made SURE to START it off with GOOD and END it with GOOD. LOL, I mean, I AM going to have to CONTINUE to shop there, anyway...where else can I shop (if not Horton Plaza, but I hear they have their problems, too). =)

Ah...problems, eh? Were these ones you already told me about or new ones?
Also, you can try the LV in Neiman's if you haven't already...they're kind of boring over there since they're just the counter but they aren't *too* bad.

i should have done this a long time ago...i've definitely met a few SA's that should not be working in a luxury environment!

^^^ I couldn't agree more .... :yes:

I've had HORRIBLE experiences with SAs and have had EXCELLENT experiences with SAs .... sadly more HORRIBLE than EXCELLENT.

I think writing a letter to the manager is a brilliant idea .... :tup:

Service at my boutique declined to an unacceptable level. Case in point: I pre-ordered an item and never received a phone call. When I visited the boutique, I was told I was not waitlisted. Meanwhile, the item was in stock, on display and they had plenty. My previously attentive SA dropped the ball. She did it again on another item shortly thereafter.

I wrote a letter to the store manager and sent it by fax. Six weeks went by. No response.

This story has a somewhat happy ending. I spent an afternoon making sure my displeasure was heard loud and clear. I still don't think that store manager particularly cares but I think she will when revenue declines during 2008 because of economics and because I've taken my business elsewhere.

Thanks guys, I'll be sending the letter out today and hopefully it will be constructive.

Oh and Rebecca, yes it was that AND more...so I just figure it was my duty as a responsible consumer because they need feedback and can't be expected read my mind. ;)

Service at my boutique declined to an unacceptable level. Case in point: I pre-ordered an item and never received a phone call. When I visited the boutique, I was told I was not waitlisted. Meanwhile, the item was in stock, on display and they had plenty. My previously attentive SA dropped the ball. She did it again on another item shortly thereafter.

I wrote a letter to the store manager and sent it by fax. Six weeks went by. No response.

This story has a somewhat happy ending. I spent an afternoon making sure my displeasure was heard loud and clear. I still don't think that store manager particularly cares but I think she will when revenue declines during 2008 because of economics and because I've taken my business elsewhere.

This story has a somewhat happy ending. I spent an afternoon making sure my displeasure was heard loud and clear. I still don't think that store manager particularly cares but I think she will when revenue declines during 2008 because of economics and because I've taken my business elsewhere.[/quote]

Sometimes that's the best way to show your displeasure.

I haven't had any bad experiences or any that warranted writing a letter, but I do think it is a good way to make yourself heard. On the other hand I have written two letters of commendation to outstanding SAs who have gone above and beyond in their efforts to help me.