Rave about La Mer...

dreamgirl

dreamgirlh
Dec 18, 2006
I switched over to La Mer last week because my skin just keeps getting drier every year. And I thought it may be more suited for my rosacea. I am using the cream, the cleansing foam and the tonic. The first few days it didn't seem to do anything, my skin was still flaking and dry. But this morning I woke up to the SOFTEST skin ever and the redness and pores are almost gone. I only had to use a little concealer under my eyes and on a couple of capillaries!!! I am so excited, I hope it continues working!! Just thought I'd share in case anybody else was having issues.:tup:

I found the cream a little heavy so use the lotion I haev a dry patch that it's not clearing but they gave me a test pot of cream so now I use the lotion everywere then the cream on the dry spot once it clears back to the cream all over
La Mer is awesome

Lorebunde,
I am using the creme. It did take a few days for it to calm my face down. With this cold winter weather it was very red and dry. What kind of foundation do you use? Just curious because I am looking for a new one.

Lorebunde,
I am using the creme. It did take a few days for it to calm my face down. With this cold winter weather it was very red and dry. What kind of foundation do you use? Just curious because I am looking for a new one.
I've been using boots no. 7 foundation in blonde and love it! I have to say my rosacea is not too bad. Mostly around mouth area. It gives me enough coverage and doesn't break me out. It was only $14.00 so to me a steal.

I use the cream and I like it for super dry spots on my face like my nose. It has made a tiny scar I had completely disappear. I also use the La Mer loose powder which I recently bought. It isn't bad so far. =)

I'm in love with this stuff too. The cheaper alternative for me is philosophy hope in a jar. :tup:

Priiin, would you recommend Hope in a Jar for oily combination skin? I'm still in search of a great moisturizer and have often thought about using this one, but was unsure if it would suit my skin type (oily in t zone). :s

Priiin, would you recommend Hope in a Jar for oily combination skin? I'm still in search of a great moisturizer and have often thought about using this one, but was unsure if it would suit my skin type (oily in t zone). :s

I have a oily t-zone as well and I would highly recommend La Mer. I use the lotion as well as the gel but with the cold climate lately I have been using the creme. All the products are wonderful and do not make me break out nor do they produce more oil

I have oily t-zone skin too and I use the gel only and it's wonderful. I don't know if it actually "stops" the oily look but when I use the gel, my face is not as shiny. Also the gel works great for me because it absorbs instantly and is not as thick as the creme. I live in Florida and it's hot and humid here year round so the creme is way to thick for me. Highly recommend the gel.

Another oily t-zone girl here! I love the La Mer cream and use it all over my face, neck and decolletage. Haven't found that it made me break out at all. I think it's different for everyone, though--I have some friends who tried it and didn't like it--it made them break out or feel greasy. Best bet seems to get a little sample jar/smallest jar possible and see how it works for you.

But I love the cream--it is so soothing and you can put some on before you go to bed and wake up looking completely refreshed, with baby-soft skin. As Michael Kors says, "it's a spa in a jar!" :P

I switch my creams around because I buy too many but I really like the Elizabeth Arden capsules but my fave is the Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Cream for night time. I love La Mer as well. I thought the cream was too thick but now that it's winter time, I love it because it's what my skin needs. During the day, I usually pay a little bit of the LM gel cream in my hands and pat over my face to give me a glow. I feel it is the perfect texture for that and it gives my face one more piece of protection. My fave LM product is their body cream. I will never switch. I love the smell. It just makes me feel like a million bucks. Their hand cream is good too but I don't think I will buy it again. I do like their gel cleanser.

I have combo skin too and I have not had any problems with hope in a jar! I normally use the gel version of La Mer which is a little lighter but during the winter when my skin tends to be more dry I use the regular cream. The key is to not overload your face with it and just moisturize where it is absolutely necessary. I do not moisturize my t-zone, which is the oily part of my face, unless it is somewhat dry. I normally do not have to.