What to do when your BV got some stains?

shopdrop

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
I recently bought the Veneta in camel,. After enjoy using it for a couple of weeks, I nothiced it had a little dark spot under the handle which can be visible some. I used the leather moisturizer which I bought from Coach store to try to wipe it off. The stain got worst. The spot got bigger and the camel color mixed with that dark color came off on the white cotton I used to wipe it off. I kept doing it for a while for about 5 minutes in the hope of this dark spot would go away. it got worse and worse. This time the spot which was about half of the pea size at the beginning got bigger to about a nickle size:sad: I was so panick. So I stopped doing everything and let it dry for 2 hours. The result now is the camel color is faded for about that nickle size. Comments? Next time I will get darker color BV. Signnnnnnn!:sad:

You should bring it to BV store and ask for their suggestions.. I'm personally too scared to fix it by myself.. The leather is too delicate, and camel color is pretty light too...

shopdrop- don't worry too much. hopefully bv can fix it. i don't know where to take it, i don't think nm will be helpful but i would hope a bottega boutique would. i don't know what their policy is re bf. maybe someone with bf experience could help you. please let us know what happens. good luck.

shopdrop- don't worry too much. hopefully bv can fix it. i don't know where to take it, i don't think nm will be helpful but i would hope a bottega boutique would. i don't know what their policy is re bf. maybe someone with bf experience could help you. please let us know what happens. good luck.

Thank you. There's no BV store where I live. I'll try to take it to NM. Still sad though.:sad::sad:

Oh, I feel your pain! I had some black smudges on the bottom of my limo bag and tried a tiny bit of leather cleaner--same thing happened, made it darker. I just plan to get it cleaned once a year; I expect BV should be able to get out most smudges and stains. Try calling customer service on the BV website to see how to get your bag cleaned if you do not live near a store. Good luck!

Oh, I feel your pain! I had some black smudges on the bottom of my limo bag and tried a tiny bit of leather cleaner--same thing happened, made it darker. I just plan to get it cleaned once a year; I expect BV should be able to get out most smudges and stains. Try calling customer service on the BV website to see how to get your bag cleaned if you do not live near a store. Good luck!

Thank you. I'll try. This stain made me want to get a new bag in a darker color.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Sorry to hear about your bag shopdrop..... Hope that the stain can be rectified. I so know how you feel about your bag as it has happened to me before in respect of a Chloe bag (after the stain, I promptly fell out of love with it - forever). This thread is making me nervous - I have a Camel Veneta on its way to me!!! Maybe I should have bought the Ebano Veneta instead (regrets and doubts are surfacing for me)!

sorry to hear about the stain, shopdrop. totally feel your pain but i think you should really get it looked at at a bv store or counter. from what i've seen from previous repair jobs they've done, if anyone can fix it, it would be them.

Thank you everyone. I think I will take it to NM first to have them look at and will ask them what they can do. If they can't do anything I'll call other BV store. NM customer service is pretty good from my experience with both of my Chloe bag. The stitch was broken from my Edith and one of the peg fell off from the other. I didn't have to pay for anything(which I didn't expect to anyway.)Those bags went away for almost 2 months before they shipped it back to me. BUT, this time I didn't buy it from them. I wonder what they'll say. I'll keep you all posted.

sorry to hear about your experience shopdrop.

like what many have said before me, the best place would be to bring it to the shop and they will advice if they can help.

the thing about buying bv dark colours is that it is "predictable". dont get me wrong - i love their dark colours and i love all the dark colours pieces that the bv lovers in the forum have. but i am sure all of you will agree with me that bv makes such wonderful pieces in other lighter colours that just makes your heart go faster when you lay your eyes and hands on them! at least that was how i felt when i got my lotus (which is even LIGHTER than camel!!) mini!

I agree with you. Actually all of BV's color are beautiful. I just saw spring color of white and pink in SFA sites. They are beautiful. I also called NM. They said they have their own repair center they will send to and it'll take up to 6-8 weeks. I might call BV store out of states to see what they'll suggest. Will let you know.

I have made my decision on what to do with the bag. I called the closest BV store near me. They told me to ship the bag to them. They will let me know what can be done after they actually see the bag. I'll ship it today.

I don't know what I was thinking. I used the same Coach leather moisturizer cream on my truffle Balenciaga bag. It works just fine. So my theory is, you have to be wextra careful when you try to clean your BV bag. The moisturizer cream I used can bleach the original color according to my case. The lady at BV store said it shouldn't but it did on mine. Anybody has a courage to try on theirs? Maybe it does to light color. Just a guess.