Botkier St Tropez Satchel

gemruby41

O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
Yay or Nay on this bag...
botkierwg9.jpg

I thought it was really cute online but then I saw it in person in Bloomie's and thought it was only OK. Try to see one in person or make sure you can return, is my advice.

I think the bag is alright. From afar, I see the appeal of it. But when I held one at their recent sample sale, it reminded me of other brands, such as hayden harnett and anna corinna. It didn't scream "Botkier" to me, like their other styles. It may be because the one I was holding was a one-of-a-kind sample, which was made in a luggage brown color that didn't make it to production, but the leather def. was not up to par to what Botkier normally offers. Another con about it was that after I put it on my shoulder, my upper arm completely blocked off the middle design, leaving the bag with almost no appeal. I'm not completely shooing this bag away, because it may be because mine was a sample and quality was not packed into it. So as advice, for those whose interested in it I'd highly recommend seeing it in person, or have the option of returning it. I think I rambled on too much, so I'll keep my fingers off the keyboards now.