Girlfriends Getaway....

Can you share more information? Where do you all live (country) and what do you and your friends like to do? (e.g. shopping, spa-ing, sports/outdoors activities, beaches or winter sports, etc). Domestic or international places?

Can you share more information? Where do you all live (country) and what do you and your friends like to do? (e.g. shopping, spa-ing, sports/outdoors activities, beaches or winter sports, etc). Domestic or international places?

We live in the USA (in the South). Love shopping, spas, and all things pampering. Since there will be 5 of us, some of which don't enjoy outdoor activities as much as others, nor enjoy cold weather, I'd say some where near or on the water would be nice. Domestic or international, although considering we're looking at 4 days/3 nights, international might not be good.

In Miami,U can shop at Bal Harbour(FANTASTIC SHOPPING!)....and get waited on hand and foot at the pool or the beach at Loews.They even spritz u with Evian water,feed u shots,frozen grapes,icees...etc.....Its quite a nice place to lay out and DRINK!

^ I don't have any holiday ideas as I'm in AUstralia, sorry!

but i did want to say thanks Vlad for all the backbreakin work to get the forum back up... go have a sleep or something!

We live in the USA (in the South). Love shopping, spas, and all things pampering. Since there will be 5 of us, some of which don't enjoy outdoor activities as much as others, nor enjoy cold weather, I'd say some where near or on the water would be nice. Domestic or international, although considering we're looking at 4 days/3 nights, international might not be good.

Thanks for this information - it'll really help others suggest ideas you and your friends may like!! :tup:

Here are my ideas (I'm West-Coast biased...:tup:)

IN THE US
  • Phoenix/Scottsdale. There are amazing hotels/resorts there for sunning and spa-ing: The Boulders or The Biltmore Resort & Spa. Great shopping and restaurants in the area too. I did a girls' trip there and we had our own Casita at The Boulders. Fun bars and nightclubs in Scottsdale.
  • Palm Springs. Great hotels/resorts - I recommend La Quinta Resort and The Viceroy - and AMAZING shopping (The Outlets at Cazebon). Great restaurants downtown.
  • Las Vegas!! Amazing hotels, spa-ing, shopping, restaurants, shows, nightlife! A GREAT place for a long girls' weekend. I recommend the Mandalay Bay, the Four Seasons (on top of the Mandalay Bay complex), the Hard Rock Hotel, the Palms. I've also heard THEHotel at Mandalay Bay is awesome, too. All have beautiful pools for sunning. Fantastic shopping at Caesar's and a few malls on the strip (can't remember them but one is right across from the Wynn). There is also an outlet center nearby, but not directly on the Strip.
  • Laguna Beach (in the OC). Artsy town directly on the beach. Cute shops, restaurants. Hotels are the St. Regis Hotel and the Surf & Sand Resort.
  • Los Angeles...specifically Santa Monica. Beautiful hotels are the Viceroy, Shutters on the Beach, Le Merigot. I think each has a spa but of course there are tons of spas in the area. Great shopping in BH, Santa Monica, and nightlife in Hollywood.
  • Santa Barbara. Beautiful beach town, with fun nightlife, great shopping on State Street and in nearby Montecito and beaches. Hotel recommendations are the Four Seasons Biltmore, The Hotel Oceana.
  • Monterey or Carmel. Up the coast into Northern Cal, cute towns on/near the ocean. It'll be cooler than SoCal. Outlets and cute shopping in both towns. La Playa Hotel (Carmel) and The Lodge at Pebble Beach (fabulous spa!!). Much more low key for nightlife.
  • San Francisco. Fabulous shopping, restaurants and night life. Someone has a thread in GD about going to SF and many posters have recommended great hotels and shopping tips. Check out that thread for tons of details.
OUT OF THE US
  • Puerta Vallarta
  • Cancun
  • Cabo San Lucas
  • The Bahamas
  • Jamaica
  • Bermuda
  • Turks & Caicos (spelling??)
Hope you and your girls have fun wherever you go!!!!! :party: