I need help!

Zebra Girl

Dec 27, 2007
I would like to buy a good quality pair of high heels. I wear a 61/2. I tried on a pair of Jessica Simpson heels that were a size 6 & I could put my finger behind my heel. Is that too much room? Do they make high heels in a smaller size? I probably need to have my feet measured for dress shoes, if stores still do that. I didn't have much luck at Dillards with the sales people. The sales lady said the smallest size that Jessica Simpson brand shoes come in are a 6. I would like to find some that are comfortable. I have a couple of pairs of Beautifeel brand shoes & I really like them. Although the one pair I took to the shoe repair store & had them shave a little bit off of the heel because my foot would slide in them. Now they are too tight across the toes. I guess I need to take them back to the shoe repair store & have them build the heel back up & then put some things in them that prevent my feet from slipping. I tried the shoes on at the store before I bought them & I don't remember my feet sliding in them then. I have pretty much always bought shoes at Payless Shoes unless it's tennis shoes for work. My husband would like to buy me a nice pair of high heels. He is so wonderful & wants to spend time with me by taking me shopping. :love:

Thank you, Zebra Girl (Colette)

I don't have the problem since my feet are a hefty 8.5. There are great sales going on! Try Saks or Neiman Marcus...different designers fit differently. J Choo runs pretty true to size, Louboutin runs small. You are going to have to go try some on and walk around in them. Your foot should not move around too much. I think you really need to give it another try with a more helpful SA...

ZG - lots of gals have smaller feet (tho' not me). IMHO, I think the better quality shoes are made in Italy, Spain or France. You may want to look at Jimmy Choo or Manolo Blanik. How much do you want to spend? If money is not an issue, the Louboutin brand is very stylish, too. Dolce and Gabbana does some great heels. Most shoe dept SAs will give you a pair of pads to put under the ball of your foot, so you don't slide forward in the heels. You may want to bring your own, just in case.

I am a size 5.5 and I find the best option for nice shoes would be something like Nordstrom's. They will measure your feet and help you find a proper fit. If you do not live close to a Nordies or Bloomies, then I might suggest looking on line and try ordering a couple of sizes to try the feel of the two different sizes. Depending on the type of work you do and where you would like to wear your shoes (dress up, work, going out), might dictate the type of heel you are most comfortable with. I also find the more expensive the shoe, the larger they run.

A good suggestion for mid priced shoes would be Stewart Weizmann or Donald Pliner. I love these brands and you can often find the smaller sizes on sale at the Saks, Neiman or Nordstrom web sites. If you want to go more expensive, then you can look at Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, or Manolo Blahnik, but the higher the heel, the larger the size is what I have found (usually 1/2 a size).

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions!

I don't have the problem since my feet are a hefty 8.5. There are great sales going on! Try Saks or Neiman Marcus...different designers fit differently. J Choo runs pretty true to size, Louboutin runs small. You are going to have to go try some on and walk around in them. Your foot should not move around too much. I think you really need to give it another try with a more helpful SA...

jmcadon,
Thank you for your help. Sorry it's taken me a few days to say thank you. I really appreciate the links. Thanks again, Zebra Girl (Colette):smile:

ZG - lots of gals have smaller feet (tho' not me). IMHO, I think the better quality shoes are made in Italy, Spain or France. You may want to look at Jimmy Choo or Manolo Blanik. How much do you want to spend? If money is not an issue, the Louboutin brand is very stylish, too. Dolce and Gabbana does some great heels. Most shoe dept SAs will give you a pair of pads to put under the ball of your foot, so you don't slide forward in the heels. You may want to bring your own, just in case.

/quote]

jburgh,
Thank you for your help. Hopefully I can find a helpful SA. Thanks again, Zebra Girl (Colette)

I am a size 5.5 and I find the best option for nice shoes would be something like Nordstrom's. They will measure your feet and help you find a proper fit. If you do not live close to a Nordies or Bloomies, then I might suggest looking on line and try ordering a couple of sizes to try the feel of the two different sizes. Depending on the type of work you do and where you would like to wear your shoes (dress up, work, going out), might dictate the type of heel you are most comfortable with. I also find the more expensive the shoe, the larger they run.

A good suggestion for mid priced shoes would be Stewart Weizmann or Donald Pliner. I love these brands and you can often find the smaller sizes on sale at the Saks, Neiman or Nordstrom web sites. If you want to go more expensive, then you can look at Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, or Manolo Blahnik, but the higher the heel, the larger the size is what I have found (usually 1/2 a size).

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions!

robynbenz,
Thank you for all your help. :smile: You gave me a lot of info. It's nice to find someone else w/ small feet. I think I have the smallest feet in my family. Thank you for the links. I found it interesting that the more expensive the shoe the larger they run. I can't wait til my DH takes me shopping. Thank you again, Zebra Girl (Colette)