Food Best Superbowl snack recipes

glamgirl84

Sep 10, 2007
Im not sure if there has been a thread on this or not but I thought it would be fun to see what special snacks you guys whip up to bring to (or throw your own) Superbowl party. Ive never really had to entertain on superbowl sunday before so Im interested to learn some new recipes from all you wonderful tpf cooks!

We have hosted many playoff/SB parties. These are some of the things we've had, mostly stuff you can pick at:

Cheese, pepperoni & crackers

Veggie & dip tray

Cheese fondue with lots to dip in it

Easy Teriyaki wings - bag of wingettes, soak in water & rinse, line up in a big baking tray, in a bowl mix about 4 cups of soy sauce, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of ginger - pour over wings. Bake for approx 40-45 mins.

Easy Mexican dip & nachos - in a baking dish layer cream cheese, cooked ground hamburger or turkeyburger, salsa, cheese - bake till cheese starts to brown.

Chips & dip

Mini sandwiches

Tiny mini pizzas

Shrimp cocktail

Scallops wrapped in bacon

meatballs

Usually we had way too much food but I figure better than running out!!!

Superbowl days = unhealthiest days of the year LOL!

Homemade & Dolminos pizza
Subs
Ribs
Chicken caeser salad
Fried chicken
Fries
Homemade salsa & chips
Chicken wings
Spicy chicken
Orange chicken
Tereyaki chicken

I'm going to try that easy teriyaki chicken wing recipe next time. I have never hosted a Superbowl party before but have been to many & what's usually served is

Chicken wings
Hot dogs
Boiled Shrimp with dip
Chips
Crackers & dip
Veggies with dip
Chex mix

layer dip w/tostitos...pinto beans on the bottom, then guacamole, then salsa, then sour cream, sprinkle shredded cheese on top(olives if you like on top, I don't like them)

chicken wings of course

potato skins (w/bacon, cheese and sour cream on top!)

mozzarella sticks, w/marinara sauce

so good, but so bad for you :shame:

how come no one mentioned pigs in the blanket?!?!?!

its just not superbowl without em! i make mine with the croissant dough so theyre super bad for you but ohh sooooo good :smile:
Oh yeah, I remember eating pigs in a blanket before at a Superbowl party. So easy to make & it's yummy with dip. (I love dips) :lol:

I usually make the guacamole to go with blue tortilla chips as well as nachos. For the super easy guacamole, just buy 4-6 ripe avocados, and add in minced garlic, store bought pico de gallo, and a little bit of lemon juice.

Bf makes everything else, including buffalo wings, BBQ ribs, twice baked potatoes, and tonkatsu/Japanese style fried pork cutlet. :love:

4 Pork tenderloin steaks
Salt and pepper
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Cups Panko/plain bread crumbs
3 Cups vegetable oil

1. Flattened each steak into a thin cutlet by pounding. Remember to trim the fat from the edges.
2. Season the cutlets with salt and paper.
3. Coat cutlets in flour, beaten eggs, and panko in this order.
4. Deep fry the cutlet in fryer until golden brown and meat is cooked.
5. Blot off some oil and cut into stripes to serve with tonkatsu sauce.

Mexican Taco Dip

You will Need:
I block cream cheese softened
1 cup salsa
1 can Hormel chili with beans
shredded Mexican cheese

In dish, spread cheese on bottom, then top with chili, then salsa then cheese
Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is brown and bubbly and serve hot with Tostitos scoops

MMMMMM good!