Buyer claimed 100% AUTH LV as fake & want refund :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
I sold LV wallet to local buyer but she's staying in Australia. After 1 week, she emailed me:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]I received the wallet today, but was extremely disappointed to find it is not at all as described. Firstly I found the wallet of lesser quality to be an authentic LV Vernis. I compared yr wallet to an LV Vernis bag which I personally purchased at the LV boutique here in Sydney; where the embossing of the LV prints are too faint/shallow to be a genuine LV. Also, the bronze colour is a different shade to an authentic bronze vernis (which I have also compared to another Bronze LV vernis article I have). Secondly there are significant tears on each side of the bill compartment (next to the zipper compartment); which it would appear, you must have attempted to glue together unsuccessfully but more importantly, is contrary to your claim/description of the wallet of having "No tears". Overall, the wallet does not have the characteristics of an authentic LV, nor in the condition you described. I would like to arrange an immediate return of the wallet and expect you will issue a full refund.Thx

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]For authenticity reason, I strongly suggest her to send pics to [email protected]. It's 100% AUTHENTIC and all of the condition already mentioned in my auction. It's no GLUE but it's by LV. I brought it to LV Plaza Indonesia to repair the white marks and they gave me back, said that's all they can do.

We all know, we can't put glue on LV, it's ridiculous. Honestly, it's buyer's remorse, she claim fake of 100% AUTHENTIC LV.

I asked her to have it authenticated by [email protected] or MyPoupette or by LV manager. I've many friends in Australia, I know we'll be able to get authenticated service by LV manager in Australia.

Should I refund her while I sold her 100% AUTHENTIC LV :s

TIA.
[/FONT]

Did you disclose in the auction that you had it repaired?

If not, I would refund her the money. That would be something that I would want to know if I purchased an item. She sounds like trouble.

Hello Lori :smile:

Actually, LV did nothing to the wallet and there's no different before and after I brought it to LV that's why I mentioned there're white marks place on the linning because the mark still there.

If you accurately took pictures of the white marks and described them then tell her NO REFUNDS. Tell her to authenticate it by MyPoupette or Carol Diva. Tell her you'll only refund if it is proven to NOT be authentic.

Her e-mail doesn't say buyer's remorse to me. She was polite and gave you several reasons for her concern. If your auction didn't disclose the flaws that she mentioned, then you should refund her. If it's solely an authenticity issue, then hopefully Carol Diva can resolve it.

The email doesn't scream buyer's remorse for me either...

If you put an accurate description of the wallet in your auction, it was her responsibility to read through/look at the pictures and decide if she wanted it.

I think authenticity issue can be easily resolved if she takes it to an LV boutique. Until she gets the manager's note, I don't think you'd have to refund her.

However, what concerns me is that she says there is a "tear" on the cc slide compartment while the auction said "no tear"? If there is in fact and tear while you described as no tear, I think you should refund her... Just my 2 cents.

I think I found the listing, here's the seller's description

"Exterior & interior are in mint to excellent condition unless slight black mark place on the surface - please see my pics.

There're 2 hidden very minor white mark place on the linning pocket - please see my pics - please assure, 100% WON'T DIMINISH the beauty since need to open the wallet first, pull the pocket & look closer or do serious inspection to find it :smile:

Zipper is in EXCELLENT order working.

NO tear, mark nor sticky unless the condition I mentioned above, totally a GREAT wallet"

The description was there, but I couldn't find the marks in the pictures.

Also, is the buyer aware that Vernis items can vary in shade? They're not all exactly the same due to the way they're made. It's like carpet dye lots, they can vary and won't be exactly the same all the time like the regular canvas would. I have several Vernis items in the same shade and notice a slight difference (i.e. using bronze as an example, my Ludlow and my Thompson St.).

I sold LV wallet to local buyer but she's staying in Australia. After 1 week, she emailed me:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]I received the wallet today, but was extremely disappointed to find it is not at all as described. Firstly I found the wallet of lesser quality to be an authentic LV Vernis. I compared yr wallet to an LV Vernis bag which I personally purchased at the LV boutique here in Sydney; where the embossing of the LV prints are too faint/shallow to be a genuine LV. Also, the bronze colour is a different shade to an authentic bronze vernis (which I have also compared to another Bronze LV vernis article I have). Secondly there are significant tears on each side of the bill compartment (next to the zipper compartment); which it would appear, you must have attempted to glue together unsuccessfully but more importantly, is contrary to your claim/description of the wallet of having "No tears". Overall, the wallet does not have the characteristics of an authentic LV, nor in the condition you described. I would like to arrange an immediate return of the wallet and expect you will issue a full refund.Thx[/FONT]
ITA with Rebecca. But she's concerned about the tear as well which you did not disclosed/pictured.:s

I agree. If you didn't disclose the tears she mentions, I would refund her money. As far as authenticity, she she should have it authenticated by Carol Diva or MyPoupette. I don't think this is a case of buyer's remorse. I think she's just concerned that the wallet is not as described.

I don't think it's buyer's remorse either. If the wallet has a tear that you did not mention in the auction, I would definately refund her money. Let us know how everything turns out.

No tears on wallet but there's such white mark only. I posted pic of white mark, it's pic #3, there's white mark place on the egde. The linning made from hard/stiff material, it can't be tear off.

I also mentioned it in my description:

There're 2 hidden very minor white mark place on the linning pocket - please see my pics - please assure, 100% WON'T DIMINISH the beauty since need to open the wallet first, pull the pocket & look closer or do serious inspection to find it :smile:

NO tear, mark nor sticky unless the condition I mentioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.