Is anyone else going to be in the Tents at Bryant Park for Fashion Week NYC?

purly

resident knitting nerd
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I'm so excited! I landed a job as a stringer so I get to be in the tents, like with an official invitation and everything! I have to do work while I'm there BUT I AM SO DYING OF EXCITEMENT HERE. Seriously. It's not every show and it's sort of a trial situation but I AM SO EXCITED!

Is anybody else going? I know it's hard to get in, but I figure there must be some TPFers that go.

Eeek! So much to do before Feb! I need to figure out what to wear, how to act, questions to ask, who to focus on...

I am thinking business suits since I need to be professional. Maybe I could get an LV agenda and replace the calendar with paper so I can take notes in it. Hm...

^^ Oh I will wordpast! Eeek! I have soooo much research to do now. It's not enough to know the brands and their history, now I feel like I need to know the back story on the people I will be seeing there.

I think that will be such an incredible experience!!! You will have to have a thread with pics and detailed stories!! I am sure they will be worth sharing!!!!

I will have an official photographer from the magazine with me, so I am not supposed to be taking pics and the ones he takes will be for the magazine. I was trying to figure out how I could get a spy cam in with me but since it's my first fashion week I don't really want to get booted.

This is a trial thing atm, so hopefully things go well and I get to go next season too!

I will however get to interview celebs and designers! Exciting!

I am thinking business suits since I need to be professional. Maybe I could get an LV agenda and replace the calendar with paper so I can take notes in it. Hm...
Congratulations! Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a stringer?

At any rate, if your position calls for a suit, then by all means that would be the way to go. Since it's Bryant Park, maybe you could add a little "edge" to the outfit with unexpected shoes or a jacket with an usual cut or a blouse in a contrasting color that doesn't so much blend with the suit, but jumps out, so to speak. IDK, just thoughts off the top of my head.

Have a great time and YEA!!! for you. How wonderful!:yahoo:

Congratulations! Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a stringer?

At any rate, if your position calls for a suit, then by all means that would be the way to go. Since it's Bryant Park, maybe you could add a little "edge" to the outfit with unexpected shoes or a jacket with an usual cut or a blouse in a contrasting color that doesn't so much blend with the suit, but jumps out, so to speak. IDK, just thoughts off the top of my head.

Have a great time and YEA!!! for you. How wonderful!:yahoo:

hopefully it is not like a fluffer..lol. :P

Do tell.. what is a stringer?

Hey girls,

A stringer is a loose term for a kind of reporter. Hope that helps to explain things a little.

I've been looking at photos snapped here and there of the press and most of them seem to wear head to toe black :confused1: -- do I really HAVE to wear all black? Oh dear.

ooooh, what mag do you work for? if you don't want to say it publicly, can you PM me? i'm in my last semester of a magazine journalism degree. i'd be so interested to know!

oh, and just like i'm sure everyone else is, i'm so jealous!