Finally! Pics/prices of LAX, Modern Chain, Walk of Fame

photomj

Rocker Chic
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I have been DYING to see the Cruise LAX line in person...no one had sizes of the bags, no one knew the colors etc. I saw my first LAX bag last week at NM and today, finally, a bunch came into Saks! To save everyone some research (since I have been obsessed with this for the past month!) here is what I've found, if you're interested in this part of the LAX line...

The bags I've been concerned about are the lambskin leather ones that read "CHANEL" in silver letters across a square stitched bag. There is a large, hard handled tote (pic here - kind of like the Cerf), a large tote (comparable to GST size - no pic but looks EXACTLY like the small tote pictured here, except larger!), the medium tote (E/W looking one) and the small tote (shown here in red and black.) There is also a small shoulder bag in this line, also pictured here. Saks is NOT carrying the large tote (which is my favorite!) but NM can get it in black. I don't even think the Chanel boutiques are getting the large tote except for Beverly Hills.

The prices are:
Hard Handled tote - $3145?
Large Tote - $2795
Medium E/W Tote - $2650
Small Tote - $2350

Size wise - I am 5'10" and the small and medium Tote's are way too small on my frame. The large tote is AWESOME looking on me!!!

The bags come in Black, Navy Blue, White and Red. The colors are beautiful. The blue is more a deep rich blue, than a navy. The red is a nice red, the white a "creamy" ivory white. Not all stores have all the bags in all the colors!!! ARGH! What else is new?!

The bags are ever-so-lightweight. They really feel like "air". The chains wind through the ends of the bag and end up in one leather strap. The sides can pull out a bit, so it's "tote" looking or they can fold in, as shown here. I absolutely love this line! Hope the pics help others to fall in love too!

Saks already has the ones pictured here in stock. Call Lisa at 813-371-5100 or email her [email protected] if you are interested in any of them.

Here come the pics (arm courtesy of Handbag-Ho!!!)

Here are large (stiff handled) bag and medium tote.

Attachments

• lax_lgtote_3145.jpg
    lax_lgtote_3145.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,898
  • lax_medtote_blue1_2650.jpg
    lax_medtote_blue1_2650.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3,001
  • lax_medtote_blue2_2650.jpg
    lax_medtote_blue2_2650.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 625
  • lax_medtote_ivory_2650.jpg
    lax_medtote_ivory_2650.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,910
The small tote - also available in large - but not at Saks.

Attachments

• lax_smtote_red2_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_red2_2350.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,765
  • lax_smtote_red1_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_red1_2350.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 459
  • lax_smtote_black3_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_black3_2350.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,811
  • lax_smtote_black2_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_black2_2350.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 428
  • lax_smtote_black1_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_black1_2350.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,987
This is an AWESOME Modern Chain bag. I'm not a big fan of these usually but it is lightweight, comfy and looks good on any size frame from 5 feet to 6 feet tall!

Price $2250

These are the large Walk of Fame bags...Saks also has the small Walk of Fame flaps as well. Didn't get the price.

Enjoy! If interested call Lisa Beck at Saks Tampa - 813-371-5100 - [email protected]

Attachments

• mod_chain01.jpg
    mod_chain01.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,872
  • mod_chain02.jpg
    mod_chain02.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,866
  • walk_of_fame_large_black.jpg
    walk_of_fame_large_black.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,064
  • walk_of_fame_large_red.jpg
    walk_of_fame_large_red.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,867
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for posting these.....i have a similar bag for the 2nd pic, mine is considered the vintage season.:love:

That E/W bag looks similar to another Chanel...these are new for Cruise 08. This is the lightest leather I have ever felt....awesome!!!

yeah...i love that style and mine was the navy blue, the lambskin is so soft and delicate and i only paid for USD495 on ebay.....*LOL*

Weren't they having trouble with the chain on the Modern Chain? Did they change anything on about? Thanks for sharing/posting the pictures.

I believe they "recalled" the old modern chains. This is the "new" modern chain! It's made of resin...feels plasticy though. The bag is seriously awesome on though!!! It's amazing that it looks good on you no matter what size "Frame" you are!

You S**K, Celia!!!:tup::tup:

You get such great deals!!!

*LOL*

U won't believe it, i was the only person who bidded that and won the auction. I'm surprised no bidders for it, i guess it was really by luck:graucho::graucho:

Here is the picture (similar style), furthermore it's like NEW (sorry to post my pic here):