Uma's Kelly

It's called kelly Lakis.

It's a special version of the kelly that was initially custom made for a very special H client, this greek billllllllllionaire, Mr Lakis (also know for having had bags done by H in a fabric he loved. The fabric was from furniture or curtains in his boat i I'm not wrong. Please experts correct me if I'm saying something ridiculous)

Anyway, at H they liked so much the alteration of the kelly Mr Lakis asked for that they decided to have a few pieces produced for the store in Paris, and since there were lots of positive responses to the bag they went on producing it (with Mr Lakis's agreement I believe)

As a matter of fact at H in Paris they like the kelly Lakis very much, and at the reopening party back in october in Rue du Faubourg st Honoré they had lots of them displayed in the store, among the other particular and rare beauties they had dispayed (and then sold!) for the event.

Maybe it's also because we saw Mr Lakis at the party.

They have also done a Drag Lakis wich was also displayed at the party that evening. I must have a picture somewhere...

I am awfully sorry, but I can't seem to find the picture I took of the drag lakis. I am afraid I lost it. Maybe someone else has one.
I have also seen a couple of pictures of some kelly lakis on the forum every now and then, but again, without the search function it's near to impossible to find them.

I LOVE the Kelly Lakis!!!!!! If they made this bag smaller I'd own one by now.......they have one in my store that they've had for ages and I can't understand why....it's SUCH a chic bag.

I LOVE the Kelly Lakis!!!!!! If they made this bag smaller I'd own one by now.......they have one in my store that they've had for ages and I can't understand why....it's SUCH a chic bag.

I've seen a smaller one either a 32 or 28. Lakis is quite expensive considering it's got lots of zipper and canvas. But it looks very chic.

I am awfully sorry, but I can't seem to find the picture I took of the drag lakis. I am afraid I lost it. Maybe someone else has one.
I have also seen a couple of pictures of some kelly lakis on the forum every now and then, but again, without the search function it's near to impossible to find them.

A Drag Lakis??? Drag with zippers??? Please give us a description TIA:flowers:

They had a couple in the FSH store in black. I saw it this trip and my trip to Paris in November. Grande Latte is right, I saw it in both the 28 and 32. The 28 is super cute and the strap is very comfortable. The front and back of the bag (where the zippers are) is a fabric material (not sure maybe canvas or toile) and the rest leather. It's totally fab!

I'm from Greece and mr Lakis is Lakis Gavalas which is the importer of the most luxury brands in Greece and personal friend of most designers....
I enclose a picture from a photoshoot he did for a magazine...
Hope this is interesting but he has 505 hermes bags :wtf: according to his bio I've read...including a bag in the colors of the greek flag...
But he's not a billionaire although pretty rich...
btw I love kelly lakis...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 357
I'm from Greece and mr Lakis is Lakis Gavalas which is the importer of the most luxury brands in Greece and personal friend of most designers....
I enclose a picture from a photoshoot he did for a magazine...
Hope this is interesting but he has 505 hermes bags :wtf: according to his bio I've read...including a bag in the colors of the greek flag...
But he's not a billionaire although pretty rich...
btw I love kelly lakis...

505 BAGS!!!! How dreamy... Would love to see where they are all kept.

Somewhere on tPF there are many posts from folks who firmly dislike the Lakis. I sat reading them and didn't quite get the hate. I always thought the bag was pretty cute and a good looking daytime bag. I don't like the price, however. This is where I can get cheap LOL! I realize the extra zippers are more labor, but geez, like the girl said in the movie WORKING GIRL, "It's not even leather!" I think the 28 with a shoulder strap would be a cute alternative to a Trim bag.