Food What Do You Add To Your Omelette?

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I love omelettes. It's a whole meal - you have your protein and then to add all those fun veggies!
Tonight I had an eggwhite omelette actually - trying to cut down on the cholesterol....and added cooked spinach that had been flavored with onion and garlic powder and then sliced crimini mushrooms and chopped tomatoes.
I topped the whole thing off with a great big dollop of guacamole and it was fab!
Do any of you like to cook omelettes as well?
:yes:

I love omelets! I like to do one whole egg with 2-3 whites, instead of all whites...

My favorite is ham, chopped onion, bell pepper, and a tiny bit of shredded cheddar. I eat it with light sour cream and hot sauce or sometimes avocado. It's also REALLY good scrambled and wrapped up in a low carb/ whole wheat tortilla like a breakfast tortilla! :nuts:

I work at a breakfast/brunch/lunch restaurant and we have tons of omelettes! I have never had one, and after dishing them out all day I have no desire!

Claire- what you like is called a western or denver omelette!

A perfect omelette IMO has diced ham, finely diced onion, and melted cheddar cheese.

When Im feeling fiesty, I''ll throw in a bit of jalapeño, top with sliced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle a few chives! YUMMMM!

I love omlettes too. I like peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and some type of cheese. I think guac sounds yummy w/ it. I also add hot sauce to the egg mixture. I like things w/ a bit of a kick.

I got this suggestion at a Farmer's Market.

I buy chevre in the brine. I whip the eggs and instead of adding milk or a little water, I add some brine. Then I cook the omelette ... add some diced tomato, spinach and onion and chevre.

It's tasty. You can season with Herbs de Provence and it's even better.

I love omelets. I make mine a couple of different ways.....

Greek- Feta cheese, greek olives (pitted), spinach, and diced tomatoes.

Cheese- Sharp cheddar and sometimes another cheese (provolone, swiss) with sliced green onions. I sometimes top with sour cream and avocado.

Veggie- I usually use any leftover veggies from dinner the night before. My favorite is zucchini, caramelized onions, fresh garlic, and a little parmesan cheese.

Italian- Buffalo Mozzarella, sliced tomato, and fresh basil.

i eat eggs just about every single day of my life...heres a few simple combos i love

Spinach (sometimes w/ onion) and mozzarella, or sour cream
Tomato or red pepper & cheddar
zucchini and caramelized onion
pepperoni and mozzarella (sometimes with spinach too)

i also read recently to try cottage cheese in omlettes, i normally like cottage cheese with something sweet (i.e. pineapple!) and was wondering if this would be any good cuz its so much healthier than most other cheese. has anyone tried this?

Ahhh BUT how I love eggs!!!

Breakfast omelette:
1 crumbled bacon
1 cheese
1 cup of frozen vegies (carrots & peas with corn optional) leave out 5 - 10 mins for it to defrost a bit
cubed tomatoes
1 slice of any leftover cheese
3 eggs

-------------------------------------------
Japanese lunch (Tamagoyaki):
3 eggs
Dash of Hon Dashi
Dash of Mirin (optional, I forget once in a while)
Pinch of Japanese Fish flakes
Dash of light soy
1 / 2 drop(s) of sesame oil

Fry into thin omelettes and roll them like sushi, serves top with sesame seeds, a bit of crushed dried Nori (Seaweed) and japanese fish flakes.
For the more experienced people, you can also fold /roll the Nori inside the omelette or decor a stip on the outside.... yummy!!!

----------------------------------------------------
Dinner Omelette/scrambly eggs (side dish for rice and other condiments)

Korean Style:
Cooked Ground Meat (any, Pork/Beef etc)
1 ****ake mushroom (softened in water overnite) sliced
1 clove Crushed garlic
Dash of Sweet Soy Sauce
Dash of Rice cooking wine
1 TS of Korean read chilli powder
1/2 TS of Chicken powder
3 -4 eggs

I like to roll the omelettes, cut them into strips and arrange them in individual serving bowls, then top them off with left over ground meat and more slices of ****ake mushroom and chilli powder sprinkles/1 or 2 slices of Korean green long pepper. You can also drizzle the sweet soysauce if you like or served over a shallow sauce/broth if you like.

Taiwanese Style (Stir-fry style):
Tomato Egg
1 large tomato, two eggs
Salt & Pepper

Onion Egg
1 large onions, two eggs
Salt & pepper

These are awesome with rice dishes as well.
:heart::heart::heart: