Ebay.. scary!!

sosti

bag obsessed!
O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
Not LV related, but it definitely could happen.

My friend's email got hacked into and somehow they were able to get into her ebay account and put up 5 plasma screen TVs!!!! Luckily she is in her email every day (unlike me who checks once every week or two) and realized that it was hacked into. One person bought one of the TVs and she emailed them to say it was a fake listing by someone who hacked into her account... so scary. I guess you really have to be careful on ebay. I would never think people would do that, but I guess i"m just too honest. LOL.

Not LV related, but it definitely could happen.

My friend's email got hacked into and somehow they were able to get into her ebay account and put up 5 plasma screen TVs!!!! Luckily she is in her email every day (unlike me who checks once every week or two) and realized that it was hacked into. One person bought one of the TVs and she emailed them to say it was a fake listing by someone who hacked into her account... so scary. I guess you really have to be careful on ebay. I would never think people would do that, but I guess i"m just too honest. LOL.

This happened to me about 6 months ago, someone hacked into my account to post a lamborghini (which I do not own, nor never had). Contacted ebay because I am on email several times a day, and they refunded fees and made it easy to get back up to speed. I think I only lost one day's access...but it is scary to think that someone can do this...

Yes, it happend to my brother too. This is how they do it. The hackers send you an email from "Ebay" and when you click to verify it takes you to a fake Ebay page asking to login, it looks so real that you never realize it was fake.

this happened to me on xmas day . half way through cooking lunch i thought i'd check my emails only to discover someone had hacked me and listed a load of uggs ! all praise to ebay though, they had sorted it out before i even knew about it, kind of put me behind in cooking lunch though !
oh, and i never click on any links that "ebay" send me through my email, so how i got hacked i don't know

I can't believe that this happened to so many of you. I guess there are alot of shady people out there... and buying from a person with alot of feedback is never a full proof way to know you are dealing with a legitimate seller. so scary.

Thanks for sharing your stories!!