When Did Coach First Come Out with Signature Print?

If I remember correctly, it was around 99/00. I was working the Coach counter at a dept store then, and when I opened the first shipment, my reaction was, "OMG this is awful, it will never sell well."

It was in 2000; for the spring, I believe. I was working in a dept store as well & bought my first Coach in 1999 & all I had to choose from was the original leather with NO lining! I remember not really digging the "C"s at first! Obviously they grew on me quickly!

I don't think i would call them a "classic", though. I think the "classics" are still your Legacy Zip, Janice's Legacy, The Willis, The Station; the original with no lining. Maybe in 10 years or so?

Wow very interesting I did not know any of this. I graduated high school in 2001. I would always wonder if it was just not as popular then as it is now. I bet many high school students carry designer bags to school now.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that recent. I remember as a youngster the beautiful leather coach bags that my mom had. The leather was always so smooth and perfect.

It was in 2000; for the spring, I believe. I was working in a dept store as well & bought my first Coach in 1999 & all I had to choose from was the original leather with NO lining! I remember not really digging the "C"s at first! Obviously they grew on me quickly!

I don't think i would call them a "classic", though. I think the "classics" are still your Legacy Zip, Janice's Legacy, The Willis, The Station; the original with no lining. Maybe in 10 years or so?

One of the things I loved about the "classic" Coach bags was the fact that they had no lining. That was because I had had so many bad experiences with inferior quality bags having the lining tear and things fall through between the bag and the lining! I can now say that I have never had a Coach lining tear (or that of other high quality bags) so I am no longer "LININGPHOBIC" hee hee! :P

Since the C's were introduced in 2000 I have only had two signature bags. One was a black signature Hamptons Carryall and the other was the large cotton denim Carly from last Spring. I love both those bags but I tend to be drawn to leather bags more often.