So I got the Violette sunset clutch...

sallygirl

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
.. and I can't help feeling like I waisted so much money :nuts: it's a great looking color but $800 for a clutch??? Can someone justify the purchase? Or should I return it? I mean I can almost buy a couch for that much.

LV has its own justifications in beauty and craftmanship. And that's a gorgeous handbag that you've gotten. But if you're having second thoughts perhaps you should get a smaller vernis piece in the same color for a little less or a bag that you can use every day. I know that many TPFers look at how many times they're likely to use a bag and then divide the cost of the bag - so 1 time a week over a year for a $1000 bag is about $21/use. You shouldn't feel bad or stressed out over any handbag purchase.

It is a really cute clutch, very classy! If you like, then keep it! But if you decide not to, you could get a bigger handbag, like a speedy, etc.! Indulge yourself!

IMPO I wouldn't have bought it, I think that is too much money.

BUT if you love it, and are going to use the hell out of it, then I say keep it and love it!

But if you NEED other things, or really really feel guilty, then I say return it and get some money back and maybe buy a new small accessory??
:heart:

I have one in amarante and use it alot- dinners, going out, even shopping trips if I don't feel like carrying much. Plus like someone said if you remove the straps it can be used like a wallet.

If you carry larger bags more often though then I'd say exchange it for something else.