Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

Percie you're right I think UK is more expensive than in continental Europe
I know for sure the 227 is 1890 Euros in both paris and vienna I'm not sure if 226 is indeed 1760 but I think I heard this price tag,that's why I said 'around'.
on the other hand it shouldn't be more than 1790-1800 Euros I guess:yes:

Does anyone know? I'm particularly looking for prices of the medium and/or jumbo caviar classic flap in black with silver hardware. My aunt lives there, and it would be FABBBBB if it were cheaper!!

Thank you in advance! And I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this. Thank you!

Thanx chanelspell! It's so strange though that the 226 is cheaper in the UK than Paris whereas the 227 is waaay cheaper in paris since it's supposed to be £1700 over here:confused1:

Percephonie, how much is a 226 in UK? I wish I checked the price for 226 when I was in Paris but I didn't. I'm guessing something like €1700 as well, since my 225 was €1590. Could it be that UK price for 226 you were thinking of was older price? The prices for reissues this year are marked higher than before. If a 226 is really cheaper in UK, that's such a suprise.

Yes, I believe it is cheaper. I'm currently on my annual shopping trip in Paris and JUST bought a metallic black reissue (large) today--I'm assuming it's the 227? It was 1850 euros, which, after detax is $2445. From what I can see from what's posted on tPF, it costs $28xx in the US. So yes, I believe it is cheaper in Paris, even with the US dollar being so weak. The detax definitely helps!

Tax refund is given to residents though. Are you planning a trip to see your aunt? If so, you'd get your purse at the most fantastic price.

If your aunt is getting one for you and ship/bring it, it still might be worth it, as some things are cheaper, even without the tax refund and with current exchange rate.

Tax refund is 12%, BTW.

^Sorry I confused the price of the 228 (£1700) with the 227 in the UK that's why it seemed cheaper in Paris! Very silly of me!

Although I do think the 226 might be slightly cheaper in the UK since it's apparently £1315 over here and €1760 in Paris and according to the exchange rate I used, the Euro is stronger than the Pound at the moment so it gave 1,328.56 GBP. I don't know maybe I'm calculating it wrong?

Thanks for posting this... I want to plan a trip to Paris too. Can anyone explain how the tax refund works for residents? I have a friend who lives there, maybe he can help me out with the Chanel.

Tax refund is given to residents though. Are you planning a trip to see your aunt? If so, you'd get your purse at the most fantastic price.

If your aunt is getting one for you and ship/bring it, it still might be worth it, as some things are cheaper, even without the tax refund and with current exchange rate.

Tax refund is 12%, BTW.

I'm so sorry. I meant to say tax refund ISN'T given to residents. It's only for visitors from non EU countries. I was trying to point out how the price would differ for OP, when her aunt gets it, as the big break from Paris comes mainly from benefit of tax refund.

My small reissue was €1590 when I got it in Paris two weeks ago. It's roughly around $2385 in US dollars. The price for the same item is $2425 in US, before tax. For a New Yorker like me, total saving of buying from Paris comes around $245, even without tax refund. However, if someone living in Paris buys the bag and sends it to an address in US, I'm afraid you'd have to pay custom duty on it, in addition to shipping fee. For some items, it might not be a good option due to those things to consider.

It's the best for you or a friend to get the bags while traveling and bring it back in person IMO. That way, you'd also benefit from tax refund, which would be 12% of the tag price seen in shops.