BE Take ME Away

sara999

RIP Daddy...
O.G.
Nov 28, 2007
Hello all of you,

I would like to ask for your input on something. A customer from the Purse Forum has emailed me looking for a weekender bag for family trips and weekends away and is interested in our Take Me Away but has asked me to make it without the studs. I have made some mock-up pictures so that you can see the different effects of fewer studs and no studs at all.

Even though as a weekender I wouldn’t make this bag any smaller as it is not huge, we are also making this bag in a second, smaller size on the recommendations of a couple of you. I designed it originally because I like to be organised and I was very frustrated with other weekenders which rarely contain internal compartments for separating things. So the BE weekender has a large lining compartment and various small little cinched pockets, along with the usual PDA and mobile and key strap and zipper pocket. Let me know if you have any other suggestions - though of course, it is subject to design and cost restraints..sigh..

I look forward to receiving your input. Please could one of you post this on the Purse Forum for me and ask people to email [email protected] with comments today? I'm not being lazy - I just think that's your forum and I prefer to respect that unless totally necessary. Although I am happy to know that I am welcome on there too, lots of you have said so!

We are going ahead with production today so whoever gets back to me, your comments will be taken into consideration.

You only need say Pic 1, 2, 3 or 4 and perhaps let me know in what kind of colour you would buy a weekender/aeroplane bag. I think tan, chocolate, black are most practical but of course, red or purple would be so much fun.

Thanks,

Jackie

i kind of like the 4 studs

Attachments

• Pic 1 - 8 studs only.jpg
    Pic 1 - 8 studs only.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Pic 2 - no studs.jpg
    Pic 2 - no studs.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Pic 3 - 4 studs only.jpg
    Pic 3 - 4 studs only.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Pic 4 - All studs.jpg
    Pic 4 - All studs.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 83
Hi Sara999. Thanks for the post. I'm not sure if you are going to get back to Jackie or if someone else will, but my input is that I like 8 of the studs. That's the one without the studs in the corners. I think they add interest without being overpowering.

I like photo #4. I think the studs on the corner add some interest. Without the studs on the corner the details of the bag seem kind of lost due to the size of the bag. I would like the bag in a rugged deep brown color (for a weathered, well-traveled look), as a well as a deep wine, or pewter color.

I prefer the studs, too as they give the bag "the extra something". But without all studs it has a nice and clean look to it, too. I'd love to have one in black.
Jackie wants that you email her your reviews.

i e-mailed jackie my opinion on the studs and said she should make it in red (all my luggage is red - super easy to find it at the airport amongst all the black and blue bags) and apparently a large amount of people voted for red! go red! haha

I'm so happy she's making a smaller size of this! If you ask me this bag is too small to be a weekender and too large to be a purse. I emailed suggesting wine as a color and fewer studs (which also keeps the weight down).

I like all the studs. The bag looks boring otherwise. And incomplete somehow with only some of the studs.

Does anyone know what size this is? Is it big enough to put clothes for a weekend? Looks small to me...

Size: W 49 cm, H 32 cm (without strap)which translates to us imperials as 19.29" x 12.59".

Wouldn't work for a weekend skiing, for instance. I suppose if you're going somewhere warm and planning on sleeping au naturel it might work.

I went with 8 studs...I thought the ones on the bottom would drive me nuts if I took it in and out of the car/airport security, etc. I would be stressing about the studs on the bottom getting lost or something....

But I agree..the bag needs some studs to "jazz" it up!