Talk To Me About The Trotteur

Big Eyes

Oct 3, 2007
Hi All,

Anybody have the Trotteur? I am interested in a cross body bag to use on shopping days and I want something light, comfortable, unobtrusive and simple. I don't carry a lot, just a wallet, cell phone , glasses and lipstick. At first I didn't give the Trotteur a second look because it seemed too ordinary and blah. But now I am definitely giving it a second look because I'm liking the simplicity and straightforwardness of this bag. What to do?

I don't have this bag, but I saw someone with it several months ago. I think it was very stylish and made me put it on my wishlist also. It would definitely fit a wallet, glasses (maybe not large sunglasses with case), cellphone and lipstick plus a little more.

Have you seen the Eva?
It is supposed to be similar to the Sophie bag. It probably will not hold as much as the Trotteur, but it looks really cute.
It's in the Spring/Summer 08 Reference thread.

I think the Trotteur has been around for years. It is a classic style. The Eva in the SS08 line kind of 'updates' the Trotteur look, though I'm not sure it is crossbody but looks like i could be.

ooooh! I love my trotteur! it was my first LV :heart: and it's still the BEST!

modelling pix and combos of what can fit inside
View attachment 331841

View attachment 331842

View attachment 331843

View attachment 331844

View attachment 331845

CEC.LV4eva,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! First of all.... you are adorable! And I love how you wear the bag. The patina is so perfect. How long did it take for that color to appear? Also, it is such a help to see what fits inside the Trotteur. I was thinking that I would have to buy a smaller wallet to fit inside. I have the mono pochette with snap closure. It is full size. I have already been online looking at the mono zippy coin purse. See what happens when you are stuck in the house during a snowstorm! No good can come from it. Again.... thanks so much for taking the time to post all the pics.

I guess it is not going to happen today. It is not available online. I have time to think it through a little more. That's always a good thing. No good ever comes from rash decisions.

have you tried looking at the pochette bosphore? it comes in mono damier and azur. it has less vachetta so that one thing less to worry about. the strap is adjustable too.

^^^ I was going to suggest the same thing, I have it in mono and it's what I use when we go on trips like amusement parks ... perfect when you want your hand free.

I have the panda trotteur ... your question actually made me realize that I should break that thing out sometime to get some fresh air ... LOL!

I think the Trotteur is cute!!! I've always liked it and it reminds me of a shruken down Cabas Piano with a cross-body strap. Try calling the 866 phone number - maybe they can find it for you at one of the LV stores.