translucent oil control powder

I use M.A.C. Blot Powder/Pressed over my mineral foundation (everyday minerals) and I've been way less oily throughout the day. The mineral foundation is for oily skin, and says it controls oil, so that might be helping as well.

I keep the MAC in my bag with me, in case I need touch ups but never really need to use it.

I use Bare Escentuals mineral veil, which helps with the oil. Have you tried those rice blotting papers? I know they're made by several companies - you can get them at Ulta or Sephora. They're handy to have in your purse for a quick touch up.

MAC Blot pressed powder is the best! I'm 44 and still have oily skin. I've tried just about everything over the years. MAC Blot is by far the best. It doesn't get cakey or change color or darken as the day goes on.

I use Bare Escentuals mineral veil, which helps with the oil. Have you tried those rice blotting papers? I know they're made by several companies - you can get them at Ulta or Sephora. They're handy to have in your purse for a quick touch up.

thanks i've heard about them and I think I'll give them a try. Also, can I use teh BE mineral veil alone w/out foundation? Can I get it anywhere online?

I use M.A.C. Blot Powder/Pressed over my mineral foundation (everyday minerals) and I've been way less oily throughout the day. The mineral foundation is for oily skin, and says it controls oil, so that might be helping as well.

I keep the MAC in my bag with me, in case I need touch ups but never really need to use it.

MAC Blot pressed powder is the best! I'm 44 and still have oily skin. I've tried just about everything over the years. MAC Blot is by far the best. It doesn't get cakey or change color or darken as the day goes on.

thank you both I'm going to look into this as well. =)

i'm normally a high-end cosmetics kinda girl but i really like the tinted silk dust finishing powder from everyday minerals...i think the plain silk dust is the translucent version of it-it's super cheap and works really well over and under makeup! i use it under my mineral makeup, or to set my foundation if i'm wearing liquid, and to set my air brush foundation if i go that route :tup:

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t...SelectedColor=327&sizePicker=&formulaPicker=1

thanks i've heard about them and I think I'll give them a try. Also, can I use teh BE mineral veil alone w/out foundation? Can I get it anywhere online?

I use it alone or over BE powder foundation or over tinted moisturizer. Just depends what my skin needs. Yes, you can get it at qvc.com or sephora.com. You should be able to get the blotting tissues at sephora.com as well. HTH!

I also use blotting paper. Clean & Clear makes great ones that you can get at any drugstores (and even the supermarket). I like this grapefruit-scented one they sell only in Asia so I always get "shipments" from my friend.