Can't PM someone?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Hi Moderators!

I am trying to PM someone (who is not Sofa King Banned) and got this message:

XXXXX has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I didn't know you could chose this? Also, this person in a MP member so I wonder about that, too? Is this a fluke of the technology? If not, please pardon me.

Thank you again:heart:

I don't understand how a member of the MP would chose to turn that off- since that is the only way to handle transactions via the MP. Weird.

also, if a member has not been here for 5 days, he/she can not send or receive PM's.

^ITA. . .
I've tried to PM more than one member of the MP who didn't have that feature turned on. . . maybe another thing to add to the rules?

I didn't know that about the 5 days thing!

Yes, totally. I never thought of it. A member of the MP needs to have their PM box working, or else they should not be in the MP.

^ The system will not stop receiving PM's after 5 days. This means the person has chosen not to receive PM's.

We need to add that to MP rules!

also, if a member has not been here for 5 days, he/she can not send or receive PM's.

That is not correct. Only newly registered members have PMing disabled until they reach 5 days of membership and 5 posts. Already existing members do not get their PMing disabled if they are offline for some time.

I've been registered for a week i think now and i have over 5 posts yet i still can't PM people? is that on purpose do i need to do something else?

I've gone through everything in the usercp and i cant see anywhere which says i have PM's turned off (can't also see how to turn them on if i have too..) so any ideas?

I've been registered for a week i think now and i have over 5 posts yet i still can't PM people? is that on purpose do i need to do something else?

I've gone through everything in the usercp and i cant see anywhere which says i have PM's turned off (can't also see how to turn them on if i have too..) so any ideas?
You have to wait until the full hour once you hit the requirements for the system to update your account.