Botox works for old bags (?!)

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
I thinks its safe to say that now, I HAVE heard everything...this was taken from the SF Guardian:

Botox works for old bags[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Treat your accessories to a spot of cosmetic surgery
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Eva Wiseman
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Sunday September 16, 2007
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
Observer
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Poor handbags. The pressure to be beautiful has dribbled down leather shoulder-straps, from women's brains into the empty souls of their designer bags. Yep, it's happened. Handbags are getting Botox.

Dermatologist-turned-designer Mauro Orietti-Carella was inspired to inject the skin of his python and alligator bags after brainstorming with a plastic surgeon. We'd love to see the mood-boards. 'I asked him what he thought men and women really wanted in life,' Carella explains. 'He immediately responded, "Silicone!"'
Noticing similarities between human and reptile skin, he prepped his syringe, conjured up a resin solution, and upped his prices. The first collection of silicone-treated Zagliani handbags, noted for their cashmere-like silky smoothness and vast capacity for used tissues, swung from the arms of kings. Well, Jennifer Lopez, but that was enough to catapult them into the spotlight, vexing animal rights activists and befuddling the masses.
His latest load of Botoxed bags retail for £4,480, and are said to feel 'supple'. 'When you touch the bags, it is a very private, sensual experience,' he says. They're the natural option for the woman who gravitates toward the nightingale droppings facial, goldfish pedicure, bull semen hair treatment and the pure gold facial.
Carella enthuses: 'I'd say to women, don't have Botox, just buy one of my bags!'
We're saving for the gastric band tote.
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Guardian Unlimited © Guardian News and Media Limited 2007[/FONT]

I think I've heard just about everything now. I would like to touch one though....lol, guess they'll never let me guard that red button at the pentagon.

Amazing.

And also, "They're the natural option for the woman who gravitates toward the
nightingale droppings facial,
goldfish pedicure,
bull semen hair treatment
and the pure gold facial."

no thank you
no thank you
Eww! No!
Maybe

I've seriously never even heard of those treatments.

I'm sorry for sounding dumb maybe, but I don't get it. Where does he put the botox? As a cream on the reptile skin or does he make reptile breasts?:roflmfao:
Ok, the latter was a joke, but I still don't get it. Hope they don't do anything while the animals are alive. That would be insane!

Yes, I've heard of this before - they've been selling these things for about a year, now, I think.

Some of them are quite nicely designed and if they were in leather (which is generally a by-product and the animal isn't killed especially cruelly to preserve the skin), I might consider one; but as they aren't I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Zagliani claim the skins are 'ethically sourced', but just because they may not be from endangered species, that doesn't mean that the reptiles haven't been skinned alive. :nogood: :sad:

Not very ethical, if you ask me...

I'm sorry for sounding dumb maybe, but I don't get it. Where does he put the botox? As a cream on the reptile skin or does he make reptile breasts?:roflmfao:
Ok, the latter was a joke, but I still don't get it. Hope they don't do anything while the animals are alive. That would be insane!

I believe they inject small amounts of silicon into the skin, at regular intervals.

Zagliani claim the skins are 'ethically sourced', but just because they may not be from endangered species, that doesn't mean that the reptiles haven't been skinned alive. :nogood: :sad:

Not very ethical, if you ask me...

:sad: That's why I don't buy reptile (anymore) I do own an alligator and snake purse, but they are both old (my mom bought it like 35 years ago). And although I LOVE reptile skinpurses I cannot justify the suffering of an animal for my own pleasure! I rather have a purse that's made out of a by-product.
And for that matter, they make such gorgious reptile prints on leather these days, you can hardly see the difference anyway!