Gucci Fake vs Real PICTURES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mos

Whatever......
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
I am on a mission to make sure NO ONE ever is tricked into buying a fake Gucci. I kep the fake horsebit hobo I unknowingly bought from ebay 2 yrs ago as an educational tool. The pictures of the real gucci is not a hobo though.

1. CANVAS FAKE
2. CANVAS REAL
3. and 4. TAG: FAKE
5. and 6 TAG REAL

Attachments

• DSCN1148.JPG
    DSCN1148.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 143,887
  • DSCN1149.JPG
    DSCN1149.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 133,017
  • DSCN1158.JPG
    DSCN1158.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 118,157
  • DSCN1157.JPG
    DSCN1157.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 129,050
  • DSCN1152.JPG
    DSCN1152.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 124,140
  • DSCN1151.JPG
    DSCN1151.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 155,238
DUST BAG
1. FAKE
2. inside out : FAKE
3. REAL
4. Inside out : REAL

Attachments

• DSCN1155.JPG
    DSCN1155.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 116,326
  • DSCN1161.JPG
    DSCN1161.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 111,107
  • DSCN1156.JPG
    DSCN1156.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 111,150
  • DSCN1160.JPG
    DSCN1160.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 112,841
RoseMary said:
that's awesome, thanks! how do you know that the one bag is fake? is this the same model?

I was an ebay novice. I bought a biege Gucci horsebit Hobo as my first ebay and GUCCI purchase for 270 dollars... The seller was a power seller with 99.8% feedback. After I recieved it, I felt it didn't look right, but I didn't have another gucci to compare it to, so I convinced myself it might be a factory second (hence the cheaper price).

I took it Gucci Boutique and the SA said : "I am not supposed to get involved in authentication, but I'll do it for u!" He said it was authentic. So, for 2 years, I carried this bag day in and day out LIKE AN IDIOT!!!! :lol: :lol:
Then a good friend of mine shows me here IDENTICAL horsebit hobo and when placing them side to side and I have NO DOUBT IT IS FAKE.

I made every mistake in the book with this purchase- I was very green!!!!!!:sad:

1- The photos in the auction were stock photos
2- Price was too cheap
3- THe Seller had a bazillion other bags -all current season gucci, dirt cheap
4- No return policy
DId I mention, the Seller became non-registered within weeks after my purchase.

I kept it so I can show it to people and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone. I don't carry it at all.

At first I was angry:mad: , now I just feel a duty to make sure everyone (friends, family, the purse forum ) know that a super fake can be VERY DECIEVING......
Sorry this was long.:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Oh, and the pictures of the real one I posted is a reccent purchase from Gucci.com SO, I KNOW ITS THE REAL DEAL.

I still can't tell the difference between the canvas of the fake vs. real :huh: I'll stick to buying from authorized retailers and PFers bc I'm definitely no expert on Gucci and would probably be easy prey on e-bay LOL.

mos said:
I was an ebay novice. I bought a biege Gucci horsebit Hobo as my first ebay and GUCCI purchase for 270 dollars... The seller was a power seller with 99.8% feedback. After I recieved it, I felt it didn't look right, but I didn't have another gucci to compare it to, so I convinced myself it might be a factory second (hence the cheaper price).

I took it Gucci Boutique and the SA said : "I am not supposed to get involved in authentication, but I'll do it for u!" He said it was authentic. So, for 2 years, I carried this bag day in and day out LIKE AN IDIOT!!!! :lol: :lol:
Then a good friend of mine shows me here IDENTICAL horsebit hobo and when placing them side to side and I have NO DOUBT IT IS FAKE.

Oh, and the pictures of the real one I posted is a reccent purchase from Gucci.com SO, I KNOW ITS THE REAL DEAL.

okay, thanks for clarifying!

i have to say the difference is VERY hard to tell. even the SA couldn't tell it's fake... :sick:

RoseMary said:
okay, thanks for clarifying!

i have to say the difference is VERY hard to tell. even the SA couldn't tell it's fake... :sick:

I agree, it is hard to tell, so hard that I thought I had real gucci on my hands! If you look closely at the font of th canvas, the G in the fake is a little thicker. Counterfitters are getting so good, its sad!

Thanks for the pics, I took a very close look at both as well and notice that the G's are different. I wouldn't have known otherwise. I'll know now not to purchase from Ebay. I'll just buy from actual stores.

4evereternity said:
Thanks for the pics, I took a very close look at both as well and notice that the G's are different. I wouldn't have known otherwise. I'll know now not to purchase from Ebay. I'll just buy from actual stores.

Ofcourse it is safer to buy from stores, but I myself love good deals! :heart:
It is still possible to get good deal on a real gucci on ebay, you just have to be very selective and look at closeups.

sparkles48 said:
I still can't tell the difference between the canvas of the fake vs. real :huh: I'll stick to buying from authorized retailers and PFers bc I'm definitely no expert on Gucci and would probably be easy prey on e-bay LOL.

I'm the same way, the only deals I'll ever get is if the bag's on sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.