A Metallic Brown reissue for spring?! Flipped through the Bloomies lookbook today! :)

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
Hi ladies!! :smile: I popped in to Bloomie's in the city today to do a little shopping... I swung by Chanel and spoke with the nicest SA (who, of course, is leaving in two weeks time haha, go figure). :P While we talked about Chanel, I flipped through the look book (no pics, sorry) and saw that there is going to be a metallic BROWN (not gold, which was also listed) reissue!!! :love: :nuts:

The other colors listed were gold, silver, green, navy, purple, red (I'm pretty sure), black, etc. (all the usual suspects we already know about). :smile: So I have no idea if Bloomie's is planning to order this metallic brown reissue (neither did the SA), or who might for that matter... it looked soo pretty, and thought I'd let my fellow brown bag lovin' pfers know!! ;)

Ohhh, and from the small color swatches I drooled over, I also noticed that the green reissue didn't look like a dark, forest green to me (the SA agreed too)... it seemed lighter and brighter, which I'm hoping for (although my cc sure isn't)! :P The perforated crackled metallic calfskin bags also show a green, and in that pic, the green looked olive-y green, so maybe the reissue will be that color too... who knows). :nuts:

fiery - i saw the chanel lookbook today and saw the color swatches for the 2.55. the green does look olive-y green rather than a deep dark forest green. it's very light and very neutral.

Hi! :smile: Ohhh, okay, good to know! :smile: I remember some pfers mentioning that the green was a bubble quilt type forest green, and I think one pfer even saw it in Paris (not sure about this though)... in any case, I'm really excited, because I think a lighter, more olive-y green is easier to wear (well, for me anyway haha), and would look so pretty in an iridescent metallic. :love:

fiery - i saw the chanel lookbook today and saw the color swatches for the 2.55. the green does look olive-y green rather than a deep dark forest green. it's very light and very neutral.

Hi! :yes: Unfortunately, I have no idea, and neither did the SAs. :sad: I *think* the book had the metallic brown reissue listed under Act I, and if that's true, it could be in anytime between Jan-March! :nuts: I would suggest calling the SA and getting on a list! :tup:

thanks for the info... a metallic brown reissue would compliment my collection very nicely :nogood: any word when bloomies will be getting them in?

Ohhh, and from the small color swatches I drooled over, I also noticed that the green reissue didn't look like a dark, forest green to me (the SA agreed too)... it seemed lighter and brighter, which I'm hoping for (although my cc sure isn't)! :P The perforated crackled metallic calfskin bags also show a green, and in that pic, the green looked olive-y green, so maybe the reissue will be that color too... who knows). :nuts:

minal :flowers:

i spoke with an SA @ chanel rue cambon yesterday & he described the green as a "metallic khaki" ~ def not dark like forrest green ~ they had a "small" but it measured a teeny tiny 7.5" in length ~ colour sounds :love: 'tho ~ & now a metallic brown? ~ :love::love::love: ~ maybe that's the one on the other thread ~ hopefully it's not the red ~ :s ~ vx