Miu Miu all made in Italy?

PookieBoo

Aug 18, 2007
Are all Miu Miu bags made in Italy? I purchased a supposedly authentic Miu Miu bag at Overstock.com. The item description stated the bag was made in Italy, but when I got the bag there is a small tag inside saying "Made In China". So did I get ripped off? I thought it was safe buying bags at places like Overstock.com, now I am not sure at all. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Are all Miu Miu bags made in Italy? I purchased a supposedly authentic Miu Miu bag at Overstock.com. The item description stated the bag was made in Italy, but when I got the bag there is a small tag inside saying "Made In China". So did I get ripped off? I thought it was safe buying bags at places like Overstock.com, now I am not sure at all. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Hi PookieBoo,

some Miu Miu purses are made in Turkey. Both Prada and Miu Miu have begun making some bags in Turkey. I have a bow that's made in Turkey and another that's made in Italy. My wallet's made in Italy though.

However, I'm not sure if Miu Miu manufactures in China. I do know that the country also produces really high quality goods.

Perhaps, Jill can help?

I have never heard of any of Miu Miu's bags made in China. Can you post some pictures of the bag and possibly we could be of more help that way. :shrugs:

Okay, here are a few pics. It's a pretty straightforward bag, a hobo-ish tote type in camel color, logo at bottom right on front. Single rolled leather handle, fully lined with 1 interior zippered pocket. It definately smells like leather, and is very well made, but as well all know China is capable of making good quality fakes.

Attachments

• DSC00900.jpg
    DSC00900.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC00906.jpg
    DSC00906.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC00912.jpg
    DSC00912.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC00907.jpg
    DSC00907.jpg