Timeless Clutch vs. Other Evening bags

mewlicious

Mitzi ♥ Indigo
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
I have my heart set on the Timeless Clutch (especially if it comes out in blue), but I am wondering if this is the right choice for me.

I am looking for:

- a clutch or wide length-wise shoulder bag
- one dressy enough for a nice dinner but okay with a spring day dress
- one that could go to a casual sushi bar as well as a reservations only dinner setting
- something under 1.5 or even 1k

What are your thoughts or suggestions? They don't have to be only Chanel :biggrin:

Mewlicious -- I love the timeless clutch!! I got it in black cavier and loved it so much I got it in python too!! It is a great size and a very classic shape. If you want to wear it with spring/summer dresses, than a lighter color like white may be best. I have a ton of clutches (for example 5 Lauren Merkin clutches) but I think Chanel is well worth the money, and I prefer it to any other clutches. Originally I was going to buy a Jimmy Choo clutch but I am so happy I went with Chanel.

Mewlicious -- I love the timeless clutch!! I got it in black cavier and loved it so much I got it in python too!! It is a great size and a very classic shape. If you want to wear it with spring/summer dresses, than a lighter color like white may be best. I have a ton of clutches (for example 5 Lauren Merkin clutches) but I think Chanel is well worth the money, and I prefer it to any other clutches. Originally I was going to buy a Jimmy Choo clutch but I am so happy I went with Chanel.

Jayjay!! OMG this is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was considering the Choo clutch as well (great minds think alike, huh :biggrin:). I think a lighter color would be good also, maybe a beige... but if they have a navy I can't resist a good blue ;)

Thanks so much ladies for your input, I feel a lot more confident in my choices.

Viki -- I don't know, but I too would love to find out!

Timeless clutch is a good choice.

Another suggestion I have is the mademoiselle clutch, especially the coral colour one. One of the tPFers got it and she modelled it beautifully. I think it makes a good formal and informal bag and goes well with your spring dress idea!

I am expecting to receive my coral clutch in the next week or so. Am happy to post pics of both of my timeless clutch and my coral clutch (and another Chanel clutch) for comparison purposes?

Timeless clutch is a good choice.

Another suggestion I have is the mademoiselle clutch, especially the coral colour one. One of the tPFers got it and she modelled it beautifully. I think it makes a good formal and informal bag and goes well with your spring dress idea!

I am expecting to receive my coral clutch in the next week or so. Am happy to post pics of both of my timeless clutch and my coral clutch (and another Chanel clutch) for comparison purposes?

I have two timeless clutches one in lambskin black and caviar white. I love them both! They are by far my favortie clutch.

its so easy to carry and looks great. YOu can easily take it to a dressy event or out to dinner, I've done both! I use my white in the summer very casually and than it can easily convert to night.

suprisingly it holds a lot too. It fits my wallet, cell phone. camera, lip gloss and mint case...with room to spare.

Oh i just tot clutch is easier to snatch and maybe even safer cos we wld just let go. I know of a case (friend of a family friend) who got dragged along the road by a motorcyclist who grabbed her shoulder bag and she is paralysed from bottom down. Poor lady. (No, not in Singapore.)