Lampwork Bead Jewelry

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
I've been collecting glass pendants for awhile now. I recently discovered lampwork bead jewelry at www.etsy.com Does anyone know where I can see lampwork jewelry in person in the New York area? I'd really love to buy a bracelet. I stopped in at a large bead store in White Plains, NY but I did not see any lampwork beads. Any help you can give me is appreciated.:yes::P

Here are some pieces that caught my eye on the etsy website ....

il_155x125.16503609.jpg

il_155x125.13303092.jpg

il_155x125.13271106.jpg

il_155x125.13633832.jpg

Those beads remind me of when I was in Rome,they had shops everywhere selling them,Murano glass I think it was called,extremely pretty and addictive for collecting,each one seems prettier than the last!!!

I can definitely see how it can be addicting! Congrats on your purchase! :woohoo: Did you buy jewelry pieces or just the beads? If just beads what will you be making? I'd love to see pics.:yes:

I just bought beads. I usually only buy silver-lined ones, too, but one artist had a couple unlined (she will start lining in March) and they were unique so I bought them too! I also buy from one artist on eBay from Australia whose beads are to die for...at least in pictures. I'm waiting for my first batch to arrive any day!

I also buy Trollbeads and Pandora beads as well. I have two bracelets....a jungle safari look and a tropical (I love Maui!) bracelet. I'll try to post pictures this weekend. I need a serious intervention as I'm so addicted!:nuts:

I just bought beads. I usually only buy silver-lined ones, too, but one artist had a couple unlined (she will start lining in March) and they were unique so I bought them too! I also buy from one artist on eBay from Australia whose beads are to die for...at least in pictures. I'm waiting for my first batch to arrive any day!

I also buy Trollbeads and Pandora beads as well. I have two bracelets....a jungle safari look and a tropical (I love Maui!) bracelet. I'll try to post pictures this weekend. I need a serious intervention as I'm so addicted!:nuts:
I too collect Pandora beads. I've made two bracelets so far. One has a pink theme. The other one is black and white with animal charms. I can't wait to see the bracelets you've made! It seems like a lot of people buy the beads and make their own jewelry. I really don't know how to make jewelry. What will you be making with your beads? Is it hard to make a bracelet?

I too collect Pandora beads. I've made two bracelets so far. One has a pink theme. The other one is black and white with animal charms. I can't wait to see the bracelets you've made! It seems like a lot of people buy the beads and make their own jewelry. I really don't know how to make jewelry. What will you be making with your beads? Is it hard to make a bracelet?

Actually, I purchased beads that are similar to the construction of the TrollB and the Pandora beads, just handmade by glass artists. They simply get strung on my existing bracelets.

I've attached a picture of one of my bracelets. It is mostly Trollbeads with a few Pandora thrown in.

Attachments

• my maui bracelet2.jpg
    my maui bracelet2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 122
Actually, I purchased beads that are similar to the construction of the TrollB and the Pandora beads, just handmade by glass artists. They simply get strung on my existing bracelets.

I've attached a picture of one of my bracelets. It is mostly Trollbeads with a few Pandora thrown in.
That is a gorgeous bracelet! I just visited Etsy again and noticed the type of beads you're talking about. There are so many beautiful beads to choose from. This could get dangerous!:P

I posted this in another thread, but here it is again...my safari bracelet.... most are Trollbeads with a couple Pandora and Chamilia thrown in. When I get my handmade beads from the glass artists in Australia, The Netherlands and here in the US, I'll post them too so you can see the diff between the well-known brands and the ones that are made by SRAs (self-representing artists). It's enough to make your head spin!

Attachments

• safari bracelet2.jpg
    safari bracelet2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 118