On the homeward straight

JimLong

Dec 5, 2007
I think my purchases are coming to a close pretty soon. Cindy has her birthday this week, and I have a couple of new goodies to go with her nice BG City 08. I'm still searching for coin purses and a Money Wallet. But I will post an update here this week.

Any help and advise is very much welcomed. There has been a couple of really great tPFers that pointed me in the right directions and put up with my silly questions. So I owe an immense thanks there :tup:

Cindy actually took the City and Turq CP out yesterday. The bag was surprisingly under stuffed for her, but I think she's still trying to keep it pristine.

Cheers,

Jim

I emailed Aloha Rag last Monday to see what they had in stock wallet-wise and this is what they responded with:

Giant Money $545
08 SS Silver hardware—Magenta
07 FW Gold hardware—Black, Ivore, Violet, Vert Foret

Money $475—Black, Plomb, Mogano, Tabac, Anthracite

Real Coin $375—Black, French Blue, Truffe, White

Le Compagnon $505—Black, White, Greige, Bordeaux

Ni Compagnon $495—Black, White, Greige, Avio, Emerald, Gris

Clous $545—Elephant

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,
Aloha Rag Customer Support

I emailed Aloha Rag last Monday to see what they had in stock wallet-wise and this is what they responded with:

Giant Money $545
08 SS Silver hardware—Magenta
07 FW Gold hardware—Black, Ivore, Violet, Vert Foret

Money $475—Black, Plomb, Mogano, Tabac, Anthracite

Real Coin $375—Black, French Blue, Truffe, White

Le Compagnon $505—Black, White, Greige, Bordeaux

Ni Compagnon $495—Black, White, Greige, Avio, Emerald, Gris

Clous $545—Elephant

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,
Aloha Rag Customer Support

Couture, yes I found the Customer Support at Aloha excellent, they sent pics of all of the above. I'm really tempted on the Avioa Mini-Compagnon, is there another name for that blue? Also, the Magenta Money GSH is very tempting, but I'm pursing another track there. I really want a BG CP & Money. But those are hard to track down.

Thanks!

Jim

What is a 'real coin'??

Is that a regular coin purse?

No this is really the small flap wallet with the mirror.

Measurements are:

(h)3.5in x (w)4.25in x (d)1in
(h) 9 cm x (w) 11 cm x (d) 2.5 cm

For the Real Coin, the front flap has a snap button that opens up to a billfold. Holding the wallet so the bill slot is horizontal and at the top, there is a small mirror on the right side and on the left side, there are three vertical credit card slots and one deeper slot at the back. The zipper opens up the coin compartment which has a separator so you have two pockets for coins.

And the lovely French Blue that I've been eyeing:

2148780203_dc00e0ffa9.jpg

hey jim - you might be done, but will she be?

Actually she's really good with money, and wouldn't splash out too much. Her real weakness is earrings, shoes and clothes.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim!!

I would kill for a french blue coin purse (the regular one)!!!!

You should def get the one you posted if thats what you think she'd want. SUCH a great colour!

JimLong, I vote that we make you Advisor-in-Chief to all BF's,SO's, DH's, Brothers, Fathers, Uncles, Sons and any other wonderful Male figure or Wanna-be Male Figure in a woman's life..your postings always make me smile.

Her real weakness is earrings, shoes and clothes.

This may have been true before you introduced her to bbags :Push:, but I can tell you from experience that they have a way of making you :nuts:!! I have always been very into clothes, shoes and bags as well, but there is just something about a bbag - everything else pales in comparison and gives you a longing that nothing else can satisfy!!

BTW, your finance is very lucky!! I'm sure it means a lot to her that you take an interest in the things that she likes and would go to so much trouble to find things for her that she enjoys!!

JimLong, I vote that we make you Advisor-in-Chief to all BF's,SO's, DH's, Brothers, Fathers, Uncles, Sons and any other wonderful Male figure or Wanna-be Male Figure in a woman's life..

Oh the pressure!! If my best friend knew how much research I put into these presents, and the fact that I posted on a Purse forum, I think I would be hung, drawn and quartered! I only know a small amount about Balenciaga, and all that came from the informative posts of the girls here. So really its hats off to all of you!!

your postings always make me smile.

Now that just made my weekend and makes my blundering around here worth it :blush:

Cheers,

Jim

BTW, your finance is very lucky!! I'm sure it means a lot to her that you take an interest in the things that she likes and would go to so much trouble to find things for her that she enjoys!!

I've had my share of girlfriends in the past, and one mistaken marriage (we're still friends), but in this relationship I've realized that I'm the lucky one.

Jim