oooo the new metallic red 2008 is on ebay!!

I am not sure if this is really the metallic red because it looks like patent leather to me........:confused1:. Also the leather seems to be a far cry from the swatch another tPFer showed to us a while back.

Hi guys! This is my bag. The only way I was able to get my hands on it is because my friend works for a magazine who used this bag in their shoot. Its a little bit too small for me so I thought someone else might like it better. Its a gorgeous red bag! :tup:

Hmm, if that truly is how the '08 metallic red is going to look, I'm not too fond of it. I guess that shade/texture of red is just a bit too bling-bling for my tastes (prefer more muted red's or true/bright red on caviar/lambskin).....and the chain doesn't strike me as Chanel-like at all.

For some reason, I was imagining the new metallic red reissue would be a brighter version of the bordeaux reissue, which is so gorgeous! I still like the candy apple red though, so I guess I'll be happy with the bag either way!! Can't wait to get my grubby lil paws on that bag!

i was told by my SA that the shipment for Cruise has been delayed and is releasing soon but the S/S is already hitting the stores pretty soon as well. sort of clashes don't you think? it confuses me as well. i love the red patent color, it's SO bold and lovely but the chain looks so frail that it looks like it might snap any moment IMO. i'm hoping the chains remain the same otherwise i'll pass up on the reissues grrr.

My SA said that the metallic dark red (which is for Act I) for Spring '08 is a bordeaux shade. She stressed that the dark red is NOT patent; it is definitely metallic but has more of a sheen than a shine. Have not seen any pics myself so relying purely on SA’s info.

As for red reissues (or those that have the reissue look/ MM lock), there will be quite a few of them for Act II.

1. There is a line made of calf patent leather with quilting in the shape of jigsaw puzzles. The reissue bags in this line have metal chains; the non-reissues have the leather interwoven chains. I think a picture of one of the red patent bags from this line was posted a few days earlier in the shopping forum. Can’t recall the name now.

2. Another line is the regular 2.55 reissue. The red is made of patent calf leather with aged yellow metal. This red is darker than the jigsaw puzzle red (which has orangey undertones).

3. The last red I’m told of which has the MM lock, is a um, Kelly (?) look-alike bag but with longer straps. Don’t know if I’m describing this one accurately. It’s called a classic bag with flap. It has the regular diamond quilting, MM lock and the straps look long enough to wear on the shoulder (unlike the regular Kelly).

There’s also a patent red in an E/W size. But it has a CC lock. Chain straps.

Oh for those looking for dark navy blue, all the bags mentioned above, also come in this colour.

Will post if I get more info.

I know it's a bit early to wish this but may be tied up tomorrow so ... Happy New Year every1! :yahoo: