Be&D bags, anyone???

Wow, I love it - the silver hardware (chain strap) is really striking with the bronze color (looks a little olive-y on my computer). I typically associate Be&D bags with bright colors and lots of studs, but this one is totally different from that. And a great price too! Are you going to get it?

Yup, hard to do a search on Be&D......check out their website for additional photos.
http://www.beandd.com/index.html?section=Home

I'm biased....I love the brand. Have two bags and think that for the price offered on NAP....you CANNOT go wrong! First quality.
The leather is top notch, not thin and IMO the styling timeless. I like the fact that it isn't a deep bag.
The leather on the Be&D will be different from BE. I think the BE leathers are thinner and from the last BE bag I saw IRL, the hardware is not the same quality as Be&D.
Good luck!

I bought a Be&D bag from NM online, not knowing what it looked like IRL. When it came I was pretty disappointed, and returned it. The leather didn't look very nice to me, it is a crinkly-rough looking type of leather. It definitely looks different from the made in Italy bags I'm used to. I think most Be&D leather is like this. Maybe some people like this, but I don't care for it.

I was checking out some Be&D bags at NM last Thursday. Some of them look quite nice, but I do not think that I would add them to my collection. My thought is to buy something that I know has name brand cache and staying power. You know, the classics. I would rather spend an extra couple of hundred and get something that will hold value, not a new brand of the moment. However, if it is a style that you really love and could see yourself carrying several seasons from now (and not embarrassed to carry it because it isn't so cool anymore), then go ahead and get it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't been crazy about the Be&D bags in the past, but I did see one at Nordstrom last night that was really nice. Maybe they are changing their look. If you love it, that is all that matters. It's a good price. It might be a nice way to try the brand without breaking the bank.

i'm eyeing this bronze one from the net-a-porter sale but know nothing of the brand and whenever I do a search on here i get nothing :sad:

here is the bag i am eyeing:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/25477

thoughts, opinions?

Cute bag! I have a Be&D Crawford Hobo which I dearly love. The leather is such that I have to be careful so as not to nick or scratch it. Recently, I bought a Dietrich satchel from NM online and although I like it, the leather isn't soft and squishy like the Crawford. A couple of months ago, I bought but later returned two gorgeous Be&D bags from my local NM....a Charlize and Charlize plush. They were TDF bags, but at $2000 for both, I thought I would wait until I could get them at a lower price. I will say this....I haven't liked all their bags!! During the recent NM clearance sale, I ordered an O'Keefe hobo that I sent back immediately. It was huge and stiff....totally unlike any Be&D I had seen before.

I'm a big fan of the earlier Be & Ds, not much has really caught my eye lately. Some old thread here has pictures of my Crawford tote in sand, my black O'Keeffe tote, my black Bond clutch, and my most-often-used Stella in slate.

Each bag of mine has a leather unique to its style--no universal leather. The quality, in my experience, is top. The Stella gets a -lot- of use, as do the two totes. Obviously, the deerskin on the Crawford needs to be babied like crazy, but the O'Keeffe looks like new and I've hauled that one, packed to capacity, around the world and back.

I'm a fan. I'm anxiously waiting for more from them to really get me excited again.