Help! I am so bummed!

Hi~
I purchased a bag on ebay that was advertised as new with tags. I always buy at the store, but the Coach distribution center was sold out of the Mandy white courier style no. 10331. It is regular $798. I paid $400. I was so disappointed as the turnknobs look terrible, scraped up and tarnished looking. I have another Coach Legacy and the turnknobs are fine. Please advise. Coach Customer Service said I could send it in for repair but only if I purchased at an authorized Coach seller. Please advise. I am so disappointed. I would not have purchased it even at 50% off if I would have known of the damage.:confused1:
Thanks!

Well if you are not happy with an ebay purchase, can you contact the seller letting them know? Do you want to keep it, or would you like the return it? The seller misrepresented the bag so they should give you a refund, unless you can live with he scratches, then maybe you can get a partial refund. I've never purchased an Coach fromn ebay but alot of ladies here have so Im sure you'll get good advice.

Well if you are not happy with an ebay purchase, can you contact the seller letting them know?

That's the first thing I would do..unless they mentioned that in the description or had pictures of that damage. But if they pulled the whole "Ohh this bag is in immaculate condition it's like brand new blah blah blah..." Then I would def. let them know that. Good luck and let us know!

I would ask them for a full refund....for $400 you dont have to be unhappy w/ it....they should have clearly stated the NWT bag had scratched up turnlocks and shown pics....it is clearly NOT as described!!!!!

if you're not happy with your ebay purchase return it. if you were miss lead.
Hi~
I purchased a bag on ebay that was advertised as new with tags. I always buy at the store, but the Coach distribution center was sold out of the Mandy white courier style no. 10331. It is regular $798. I paid $400. I was so disappointed as the turnknobs look terrible, scraped up and tarnished looking. I have another Coach Legacy and the turnknobs are fine. Please advise. Coach Customer Service said I could send it in for repair but only if I purchased at an authorized Coach seller. Please advise. I am so disappointed. I would not have purchased it even at 50% off if I would have known of the damage.:confused1:
Thanks!

hrunnergirl emailed me these photos of her Mandy:

1GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

1GetAttachment2aspx.jpg

1GetAttachment3aspx.jpg

I think the turnlocks are tarnished and I suggested that she try a little brass polish on the turnlocks with a Q-tip. And, if that doesn't work, to contact the seller and request a refund. The brass polish just might work; it's worked for me in the past.

Is the White Mandy with antiqued Brass?

If the Ebay Seller bought it at a Coach Outlet and it has the tags is should be still fixed with Coach's warranty? Isn't a Coach Factory Outlet a authorized Seller or is outlet items all a final Sale?

hrunnergirl emailed me these photos of her Mandy:

1GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

1GetAttachment2aspx.jpg

1GetAttachment3aspx.jpg

I think the turnlocks are tarnished and I suggested that she try a little brass polish on the turnlocks with a Q-tip. And, if that doesn't work, to contact the seller and request a refund. The brass polish just might work; it's worked for me in the past.

Yes--this definitely doesn't look like the vintage hardware. Tarnish for sure! I hope the brass polish works for you, hrunnergirl.

Is the White Mandy with antiqued Brass?

If the Ebay Seller bought it at a Coach Outlet and it has the tags is should be still fixed with Coach's warranty? Isn't a Coach Factory Outlet a authorized Seller or is outlet items all a final Sale?

An item from the 0utlet is only final sale if it's marked final sale. Most items from the outlets have Coaches warranty and return privileges (tags, receipts, etc)

This might be a better question elsewhere but it sounds like Customer Service told her she couldn't have it repaired unless she herself bought it from an authorized dealer. How do you get around that...just not tell CS you bought it from someone else?

This might be a better question elsewhere but it sounds like Customer Service told her she couldn't have it repaired unless she herself bought it from an authorized dealer. How do you get around that...just not tell CS you bought it from someone else?
Exactly. But, since when do they ask? I've had a few bags repaired and I've never been asked where I purchased it and never been requested to provide a receipt. A couple of the bags were eBay purchases, too.

That is too bad that you are not happy, and by looking at the pictures I can see why! I would try the bras polish and see if that gets you anywhere...if it doesn't, I would contact the seller. Sure you got it for a lot less than retail, but $400 is still a lot of money!

Exactly. But, since when do they ask? I've had a few bags repaired and I've never been asked where I purchased it and never been requested to provide a receipt. A couple of the bags were eBay purchases, too.

I had no idea either that they wouldn't repair bags purchased at an unauthorized reseller. I have never purchased any Coach bags from eBay, but I am even more weary now, especially if they won't take it for repair.

Based on what I have seen on this forum though in the past, I have seen people who have bought on eBay and gotten repairs with out a problem. I wonder why they asked you about it.

Maybe you should bring it into a store and see what they say instead of calling CS?