New kid on the block needs help, please!!

sally_s

O.G.
Sep 6, 2007
Hi... I'm a NKOTB here! I'm taking a break from LV forum...
Chanel has started to grow on me.
This may be sound pathetic, but I need some advice from all of you Chanel expert.
If I were to own my first Chanel with my budget of $1500 and below, which bag should I get?
I'm open to all suggestions cos I'm not very familiar with Chanel.:girlsigh:

Thank you!

Sally

Hi! I just bought my first Chanel yesterday. I got the petite shopping tote. It is black leather w/ gold hardware. It was $1350 before tax. I'm not sure what else you can get for less than $1500. I"m new to Chanel too:smile: Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon!

Hmmm, you could try ebay and get a vintage flap, get it authenticated here first, the pst is so cute to, has the classic chains. Also there is a wallet on a chain that is so cute, its a big wallet on a long chain , you can wear it messenger style or you could tuck the chain in and use it as a clutch, also the timeless clutch is a good cute bag, but hand held only and not to practical, good luck and post pics. Let us know what you got.

Hi... I'm a NKOTB here! I'm taking a break from LV forum...
Chanel has started to grow on me.
This may be sound pathetic, but I need some advice from all of you Chanel expert.
If I were to own my first Chanel with my budget of $1500 and below, which bag should I get?
I'm open to all suggestions cos I'm not very familiar with Chanel.:girlsigh:

Thank you!

Sally

Hi - You could also get a E/W flap for about $1325.

$1500 is kind of a tough budget to work with for Chanel IMHO (short of sales, eBay and the like.) There is the small Rock flap which I think is still in stock in some stores which is $1195. It is vinyl though, not leather.
The Petite Shopping Tote is a good one and a classic... I don't know exactly what current retail is though, but I thought it was around $1500(?)
There is also the timeless clutch.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything.

The recent price increase was awful so its hard to find anything for that budget now.

Perhaps wait a little longer to get your first Chanel and in the meantime check out the reference threads?

Thank you girls, i dont mind waiting a little bit longer to get my first Chanel.
Honestly, I cant decide to buy a suhali lockit ( $ 2230) or something chanel and a little LV ( a speedy) maybe.
Since my budget doesnt permit me to get something "decent" for Chanel, maybe I'll forego Suhali lockit, and get a PST or classic flap instead. I dont know... What do you guys think???

^I think you should get the classic flap. I'm so biased, but I honestly do feel that Chanel is much more timeless than LV. :yes: It's worth the extra money, plus the jumbo classic flap is $2650, which isn't that much over the price of the Suhali lockit. It's also a much more versatile bag IMO.

I'm not a massive fan of the Lockit though I lurrrrve Suhali.
I'd go a timeless clutch, or if you don't mind fronting the rest (since the lockit is 2000+) I'd get an E/W... in a bright colour... like red.. .DROOLS