Ever not liked a bag, then saw it IRL and loved it?

amytude

O.G.
Mar 10, 2007
Went shopping today and got a call that the local H boutique had received in a kelly. Already on that side of town, so I went to see what it was. I'm still educating myself, but I knew neither of the kellys they received in were for me. However, I tried on a lindy and I must say I LOVED this bag! It was 30 ebene veau evergrain and fabulous. She doesn't sing to me like the kellys do, but if I had the money I would have snatched her up. That leather is sooooo soft. I had them bring out several bolides so I could see different leather combinations. My favorite is still chevre! I also figured out that I do prefer the sellier style and love the contrasting stitching. It was a fun time. The SA asked how I learned so much about H (names of leathers & such) since I was "new" to H. Of course, I told her about TPF and all the wonderful ladies (& gents) on here. This has really been a great resource for me, since the boutique here is really small and doesn't get a ton of inventory. I did walk out with a twilly, but that was it for today. Thanks again for this great forum!

Amy

Hehe, I think that happens to everybody. Especially with something like Hermes, its much more beautiful irl than it is in pictures and descriptions.
Pictures may say a thousand words, but hermes goods say millions :smile:

I had seen alot of Birkins on film or in photos and I was not impressed with them. But then several years ago I was out shopping and spotted a lady with a 30cm Black Birkin and it was all downhill after that!! Love at first sight! lol

Amy, :tup: impressive and good that you have narrowed down what you like in a kelly.

Yes, Lindy is one bag that you cannot just view it 2D. In 3D, it is unique!

Tokyogirl, i really wish that they have Massai in various colours at the store so that you can go like ... finally my favourite colour in a style i like!

I am almost the same as you, I don't like the Lindy even when I saw MrsS' lindy, never attempted to try it on because of the shape (am worried it might emphasis on my not-so-nice part of my body) but lately Lindy grew on me and brought one home instead of a 25cm kelly ^__^

I am almost the same as you, I don't like the Lindy even when I saw MrsS' lindy, never attempted to try it on because of the shape (am worried it might emphasis on my not-so-nice part of my body) but lately Lindy grew on me and brought one home instead of a 25cm kelly ^__^

Really?? I don't like the lindy very much now. I am afraid that if I try it on, I might like it.:upsidedown:

Amytude, great story!!

which is why i am telling myself... don't try the constance...giving excuses that it is not contemporary enough..but I have seen so many nice box ones!
because i am afraid that i will come home with it.