Update: Opening a New Store!!

dlovely51

Oct 25, 2006
Haven't been around in awhile-losing my first retail store and everything, but I'm getting back on my feet and will have a new store in March with wayyyyyy better terms. Hanging on to my supporters, and letting go of the haters. 2008 will be a great year. Hope to be back online soon!!
Dlovely

I thought you got your store back? I know you were having problems, but then you managed to keep your lease, and werent you even open for Black Friday?
Anyway, good luck on this new venture.
2008 is a New Year, and I wish you much success:yes:

I thought you got your store back? I know you were having problems, but then you managed to keep your lease, and werent you even open for Black Friday?
Anyway, good luck on this new venture.
2008 is a New Year, and I wish you much success:yes:

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support.

Queen, I decided to close the store because no matter what, I was going to be harassed, and they were not going to remove the provision of taking 15% of my profits over the break-even point.

Long story short, I'm glad I closed because that mall's business has dropped off due to all the bad weather we've been having.

As to my new store, it is a boutique, and besides getting back to making my own handbags, I'm also creating dresses/evening wear.I will post pics as soon as I can. But for now, I'm just planning my grand opening for 2008

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support.

Queen, I decided to close the store because no matter what, I was going to be harassed, and they were not going to remove the provision of taking 15% of my profits over the break-even point.

Long story short, I'm glad I closed because that mall's business has dropped off due to all the bad weather we've been having.

As to my new store, it is a boutique, and besides getting back to making my own handbags, I'm also creating dresses/evening wear.I will post pics as soon as I can. But for now, I'm just planning my grand opening for 2008

Oh, ok. Well, congratulations, I hope you have a mountain of success with this new store! I cant wait to see pictures!!:tup::tup:

Thanks again ladies. I'm super excited. I'm taking a diff approach to suppliers and sourcing, so Im going to a trade show in Feb. I've also come up w/ a diff design theme for my boutique. I used lots of color and went for a retro look the last time-now I want ultra chic/modern look with some cultural accents thrown in so it doesn't look "severe" or too pretentious.

My next project is to upgrade my branding/marketing strategy. 2008 will be a great year. A may even put on my own fashion show;)

Thanks for the well wishes carol86cruz, CoutureObsessed, x joie. This is only the first day of 2008, and I'm just feeling like this past Xmas season is far behind me, and I have about 60 days before my new store opening!!

I actually only took a week off after closing the first store before deciding to open this store, so it really feels like I've already put a ton of work into this one.

Anyway, I've decided on traditional Japanese-inspired home decor theme for my interior. I am deciding between using black trim or other trims. I'm in the market for Shoji room dividers, big and small gongs, and brush art. So if anyone in California/Midwest, NYC knows of any stores I can get these things from, I'm open to suggestions.

Have a happy New Year and Thanks again everyone:tup: