The Greatest Christmas Gift: Love

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
In light of our own TTucker's rescue story of Sam, and so many others that give so much of themselves to help unwanted animals, it only seems appropriate to start a thread at Christmas to give special thanks to these selfless folks.

Rescue workers are amazing and I am in awe of them. They take animals into their homes, help them to love and trust people again. They provide medical care, very often at their own expense. Then comes the most amazing act of love: they let their rescues go to a new home. The courage that takes is humbling to me.

So come on everyone, here's a SHOUT OUT thread for our favorite tPF rescue folks or anyone that you know that works in animal rescue.

I'll start with TTucker for her unyielding love and devotion to Little Sam. While he came into her home as a rescue, he was blessed to be able to stay. Though Sam lost his battle from years of abuse and neglect, he knew more love than he ever dreamed possible in his last few months.
:heart::heart::heart:

Yay for TT and the others here who rescue and foster animals who thru no fault of their own, have become homeless.

Locally, I'll give a big shout-out to Carolina Boxer Rescue, Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue, and SOAR (local Brunswick county dog and cat rescue). I've had contact with all of them and they are the most unselfish and giving people ever.

what a great idea Prada! There are many PFers here that so selflessly contribute their time, money and love towards rescuing animals. These kinds of people have the biggest hearts of all. I am truly grateful for people like you all! Keep up the good work and may God give you the strength, wisdom and resources to continue doing what you do.
THANK YOU!
logo-VAC_animal_group.jpg

what a great idea Prada! There are many PFers here that so selflessly contribute their time, money and love towards rescuing animals. These kinds of people have the biggest hearts of all. I am truly grateful for people like you all! Keep up the good work and may God give you the strength, wisdom and resources to continue doing what you do.

^^ ITA, god bless all of you!!! :angel::love::flowers:

I think this thread is a great idea too, so thanks to all who selflessly give to those helpless animals who need you so much. Not only during the holidays, but throughout the year as well!

I'd like to also thank jmcadon - for rescuing her sweet boy, Mack.

And, I'd like to recognize two organizations, CorgiAid and Old Dog Haven, who are both in my will.

Great idea! I would like to give a shout out to Dena Delgado, who operates Southern California dachshund rescue. I was lucky to get both Casey and Millie from her. Casey had been dropped at the Bakersfield shelter and Millie was a throw away breeder ***** who developed mammary tumor cancer so they did not want her anymore. We were able to get her treated and currently she is cancer free. Dena runs a great operation!

Wow PradaP, this made my day. How precious are you? Thank you so much. My Sammy made it easy to give unconditional love, he certainly taught me a thing or two about it. :yes:

I have to shout out to the many PFers who helped me out with him both monetarily and emotionally; you extended a hand to total strangers and for that I think show amazing generosity and love.

I would also like to give kudos to the founders of Petfinder.com, and the Fresh Start Sheltie Rescue, in Memphis, TN for bringing us and many other people knowledge of homeless animals who become our family. Also, "Miss Cindy" and "Miss Kelly," and "Dr. D" special friends of my sweet Sam.

You all bring out the real meaning of Christmas.

And these wishes:
On Christmas morning,

I wish...

For every dog searching trash cans for breakfast...
A filled bowl with his name printed in bright letters.

For every dog who slept fitfully last night, chained in a frozen yard ...
A soft, warm bed with a person snoring gently nearby.

For every shelter dog, spending Christmas morning in a soiled run ...
A forever home, filled with sounds and smells of family.

For every "Christmas" puppy given today ...
A tolerant, caring owner who won't abandon you as you grow into a real dog.

For every ailing pet ...
Enough money for your owner to pay the bills to make you well.

For every lost dog ...
A clear, safe road, and well-marked path, to lead you home.

For every old and tired friend ...
A warm fire, and a soft bed, to ease your aches and pains.

And, for every Beloved Dog at the Bridge ...
A moment when you know that you are remembered today, missed
again, and loved forever.

Author Unknown

And these wishes:
On Christmas morning,

I wish...

For every dog searching trash cans for breakfast...
A filled bowl with his name printed in bright letters.

For every dog who slept fitfully last night, chained in a frozen yard ...
A soft, warm bed with a person snoring gently nearby.

For every shelter dog, spending Christmas morning in a soiled run ...
A forever home, filled with sounds and smells of family.

For every "Christmas" puppy given today ...
A tolerant, caring owner who won't abandon you as you grow into a real dog.

For every ailing pet ...
Enough money for your owner to pay the bills to make you well.

For every lost dog ...
A clear, safe road, and well-marked path, to lead you home.

For every old and tired friend ...
A warm fire, and a soft bed, to ease your aches and pains.

And, for every Beloved Dog at the Bridge ...
A moment when you know that you are remembered today, missed
again, and loved forever.

Author Unknown

Thank you so much for sharing this!! :cry: Even though a number of years have passed since we lost our beloved Bear, I still cry sometimes at night thinking about him and how much I miss him. :crybaby: Bear was also a shelter dog, rescued from the Barstow Animal Shelter / Humane Society :love: